Shenzhen, a modern and prosperous metropolis, offers tourists great shopping opportunities. The city has excellent shopping choices, such as fashionable and reasonable clothing, jewelry, seafood, electrical appliance, digital products and furniture.
Special Local Products
Jingui Orange, is a juicy and fleshy fruit that tastes quite fresh and sweet. It is usually grown in Pingshan, Jingui and Malan of Shenzhen.
Sweet peaches produced in Nanshan District, are famous throughout Shenzhen. With a history of more than 70 years, the Nanshan District produces peaches that are large and as sweet as honey.
Lychee, one of the most abundant fruits in Shenzhen, has a rough, red skin. But it is blessed with a white juicy flesh that is quite sweet.
Tai Pang Abalone
As a shellfish, this abalone is mainly produced in the Tai Pang Bay area. It tastes fresh and delicious, but is very expensive. If you want a taste, be sure to bring enough money.
Popular Shopping Centers
Luohu Commercial City
Located in the Luohu District of Shenzhen City, Luohu Commercial City is a seven-story shopping center. It adjoins Shenzhen Railway Station and Luohu Station of the Shenzhen Subway Line 1. This shopping mall is very popular with tourists from Hong Kong as it is near the border. Here, you will find a large variety of inexpensive Chinese replicas of famous brand watches, clothes, shoes, electronics, handbags, etc. Beware of high-pressure sales tactics and scams when choosing your favorite items.
Dongmen Shopping Street
Dongmen Shopping Street is a very popular local shopping destination in the heart of Shenzhen. The locals say, "no visit to Dongmen Shopping Street, no visit to Shenzhen". The area sits between Luohu and Lychee Parks, and is a short walk from Laojie Station on Line 1 of the Shenzhen metro. Here, you can find a large variety of items, including shoes, clothes, toys, watches, souvenirs, electronics, bubble tea, snacks, etc. Even if you are not going to buy anything, this is a great place to experience the sights, sounds and smells of Shenzhen.
Huaqiangbeilu Electronic Goods
The Huaqiangbeilu Electronic Goods market is said to have one of the largest collections of electronic retailers in Asia. There are eight electronic goods markets in this area, and the most famous is the SEG computer market with 72 floors. The first eight floors are packed with dealers for both software and hardware. You can find everything from cutting-edge microchips to $10 imitation iPods. Also remember that Shenzhen is noted for cheats and dishonest operators, so understand the technology that you want if you are looking for a great deal.
Popular Shopping Sites
Rainbow Department Store
Rainbow Department Store has several branches in Shenzhen and is a favorite of most locals. High quality and excellent service gives you the best shopping experience in the area.
- Dongmen branch: No.17, Xinyuan Road, Luohu District, Shenzhen
- Fumin branch: Xinghe Mingju, Fumin Road, Futian District, Shenzhen
- Baoan branch: No.34-2, Qinjin Road (first), Baoan District, Shenzhen
Maoye Department Store
A number of world famous brands are available here, such as Chanel, SK-II and other high quality cosmetics.
- Huaqiang North branch: No.2005-2006, Huaqing North Road
- Heping branch: No.39, Heping Road
- Dongmen branch: No.2047, Dongmen Road (central)
- Shennan branch: No.1018, Shennan Road (central)
Ole Super Market
- Address: No.1881, Baoan Road (South)
- Huaqiao branch: Huaqiao City, Nanshan District, Shenzhen
- Fuxing branch: D, E and F1-2 of Fuxing Mansion, Fuxing Road, Futian District
- Address: No.8188, Europe City, Beihuan Road, Nanshan District
North Huaqiang Business
- Area: laregest electrical appliance market in Asian
- Address: Huaqiang Road, Shenzhen
Questions and Answers About Shenzhen Shopping
It is suggested that you can go to Shenzhen Pinghu Huanan Market (In Chinese: 深圳平湖华南城) for nail products.
NancyNancy Deng replied on 2014-02-22
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on October 11, 2013
See all my travel articles