Shenzhen Travel Guide
Shenzhen is located between 113.46 and 114.37 east longitude,and between 22.27and 22.52 north latitude. It is in the South of Guangdong Province and to the south of the Tropic of Cancer.
Shenzhen is demarcated from Hong Kong by the Shenzhen River in the South, and is bordered by Dongguan and Huizhou to the north. Its sea is part of the South China Sea and the Pacific Ocean. It is a natural port city with Daya Bay in the east and the Lingding Sea to the west.
Shenzhen has a subtropical maritime climate with plenty of rain and sunshine. It is never blazingly hot in the summer and the season can last for as long as six months. It is mild in spring, autumn and winter. It is not very cold in winter. The annual average temperature is 22.4, with the highest temperature being 36.6 and the lowest 1.4. The year's frost-free period can be as long as 355 days. The rainy season lasts from May to September. Annual average rainfall is 1,933.3 mm. Typhoons usually occur in summer and autumn, luckily most typhoons are obstructed by mountains. Only about once in every two years, on average, is the urban area hit directly by a typhoon.
The total area of Shenzhen is 1948.69 square kilometers. The size of the Special Economic Zone is 391.71 square kilometers. Shenzhen is mainly undulating with an occasional plain tableland, declining from the southeast to the northwest. The western part of Shenzhen comprises coastal plains. Mount Wutong, with an altitude of 943.7m, is the city's highest peak.
Shenzhen started to receive immigrants at the end of the Southern Song Dynasty (1127-1179). when Shenzhen City was established, there were only 31.41 natives, most of them Hakkas.
By the end of 2001, permanent resident population in Shenzhen totaled 4.67 million, including some 2.558 million living within the Special Economic Zone, average age was less than 30. the "New Immigrants"are from throughout the country and account for 90 percent of Shenzhen's population.
Shenzhen is a typical immigrant city. So you can find cuisines of many other cities of China here. Additionally, Thai cuisine, Vietnam cuisine, Japanese cuisine, Indonesian Cuisine and many other Western-style fast-foods are all available in Shenzhen. read more
Shenzhen, a modern and prosperous metropolis, offers tourists a great shopping opportunity. There are some best choices for you, such as fashionable and reasonable clothing, jewelry, seafood, electrical appliance, digital products and furniture. read more
A night stroll in Shenzhen Square would provide you the chance to appreciate some folk songs and dances. Besides, you can also play some sports like bowling, ping pong and tennis in some clubs, which is absolutely a healthy method to keep fit. read more
Shenzhen Travel Tips
- Shenzhen Branch of Bank of China Address: International Financial Mansion, No.2022, Jianshe Road
Jianshe Road branch: No.195, Shennandong
- Tianjian Road branch: Tianjian 4th Road
- Shenzhen People's Hospital Address: No.1017, Dongmen Road(North)
- Peking University Shenzhen Hospital Address: No.1120, Lianhua Road, Futian District
- Shenzhen Second People's Hospital Address: No.3009, Sungang Road (West), Futian District
- Shenzhen Children's Hospital Address: No.7019, Yitian Road, Futian District
Shenzhen Catholic Church (St. Anthony's Church) Address: Zhuzilin, Nonglin Road, Futian District
- Shenzhen Christian Church Address: Meilin Road
- Fire: 119
- Police: 110
- Ambulance: 120
- Traffic: 122
- Shenzhen Tourist Bureau: 8200320
- Consumer complaints: 12315
- Price complaints: 12358
- Quality complaints: 12365
Questions and Answers About Shenzhen Travel Guide
Hi faridah, I didn't find the flight from kuala lumpur to Shenzhen, but if you find one, you fly straight to shenzen airport from kuala lumpur.Simon Huang replied on 2013-12-17
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Things to Do
- Free Things to Do
- Top 3 Camping Sites
- Places to go Fishing in Shenzhen
- Chinese Name: 深圳
- Chinese Pinyin: shēn zhèn
- Location: South of China
- Latitude: 22° 62' N
- Longitude : 114° 07' E
- Elevation:95 M (312 FT)
- Time Zone : (UTC+8)
- Area Code: 0755
- Population: 8.8 million