Chengdu Memories Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
"Some like it hot"! Chengdu is famous for its hot spicy food. This tour is hot and not only because you're will be able to try the local cuisine. Check out Chengdu best sites and find out what make this part of China unique.
Duration: 6 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Panda Breeding and Research Center, Chengdu People's Park, Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Sanguyuan Restaurant
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Located 6 miles north of Chengdu City, it is home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, among the bamboo groves and shady walkways, and to view the pandas at rest or play. There is a panda museum where you can learn some information about giant pandas.
Note: The Panda Breeding and Research Center has a donation program which allows you take pictures with holding a panda one minute by donating RMB 2,000 Yuan (for reference only). Only 40 tourists are allowed to hold pandas a day. If you want to hold a panda, you must book it one day in advance.This program is subject to the availability of pandas on that day. Please bring enough RMB cash as payment by credit card is not accepted there.
- Chengdu People's Park: The People's Park is a spiritual haven for the city's citizens amidst the bustle of downtown. The park contains refreshing bonsai gardens, artificial lakes, rockeries, historical monuments and traditional tea houses. Another highlight of the park is the annual chrysanthemum exhibition in autumn, whose colorful blossoms seem to set the park ablaze.
- Chengdu Kuan-zhai Lane: It is a part of the old city in Chengdu which has been restored and renovated. This is a chance to see old Chengdu and experience the traditional lifestyle. It features Western foods and drinks, take-aways, coffee and art.
- Sanguyuan Restaurant : It's the place where you can enjoy not only the wonderful dishes but the culture of Three Kingdoms. Each dish has a name related with Three Kingdoms.
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Zigong
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Chengdu to Zigong, Leshan Giant Buddha, Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Leshan Local Restaurant
- Leshan Giant Buddha (2 hours): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.
- Cruise to have a overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha (40 minutes): The Great Buddha in Leshan is located to the east of Leshan City, Sichuan Province and on the Lingyun Mountain where Min River, Qingyi River and Dadu River meet. It has been the largest stone carved sitting Buddhist statue in the world so far.You can sit on board to have an overlook at Leshan Giant Buddha.
- Leshan Local Restaurant: The limited restaurant options mean that there is no choice available however our guide will organize the best available based on the season and the surroundings.
Place & Transport: Zigong to Dazu
Today's Activities: Zigong Dinosaur Museum, Historical Museum of the Salt Industry, Our guide and driver will escort you from Zigong to Dazu
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Zigong Local Restaurant
- Zigong Dinosaur Museum (1.5 hours): Besides Banpo Village Remains Museum and the Museum of Qin Terra Cotta Warriors and Horses, Zigong Dinosaur Museum is another large-scale local museum. It is the only dinosaur fossils burial site in China. The Dinosaur Museum Together with the American National Dinosaur Park and the Canadian Dinosaur Park are called the world top three dinosaur museums. It has also been named as one of "the forty best and most famous Chinese scenic tour sites" by the Chinese national tour bureau.
- Historical Museum of the Salt Industry (1.5 hours): The Salt History Museum can be traced in Xiqing Guild, which is located on the Jiefang Road in the center of Zigong.This museum is the only one to collect, study and display the culture relics of salt industry in China, it was built up with the mainly sponsoring of Den Xiaoping.
- Zigong Local Restaurant: Lunch is at a local restaurant in Zigong.
Place & Transport: Dazu to Chongqing
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Dazu to Chongqing, Dazu Grottoes (Baodingshan), One day tour in Dazu
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Dazu Local Restaurant
- Dazu Local Restaurant: Lunch is at a local restaurant in Dazu.
- Dazu Grottoes (Baodingshan) (2 hours): Dazu is a county under the jurisdiction of Chongqing Municipality. It is 83 kilometers to the west of the Chongqing metropolitan area and 256 kilometers to the east of Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan Province. The Dazu Grottoes spread across more than 75 sites in the county, and contain over 50,000 stone sculptures carved from the Tang Dynasty (618-907) to the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911). They are mainly located on Baoding (Treasure Peak) Mountain, Beishan (Northern) Mountain, Shimen (Stone Gate) Mountain, Nanshan (Southern) Mountain, and Shizhuan Mountain.
--One day tour in Dazu: An air-conditioned van with driver and private guide are at your disposal for the day(Dazu)
Place & Transport: Depart Chongqing, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Goose Neck Park, Ciqikou Old Town, Three Gorges Museum, Hotel to airport Transfer (Chongqing)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant (Yangjiaping Branch)
- Goose Neck Park (1 hour): Very popular with the locals who come here to enjoy the gardens, play Mahjohngg, make music or just relax. Nice views over the river and Chongqing, there are also a number of interesting buildings and former Embassies in the grounds, plus an enormous long painting of the Yangtze.
- Ciqikou Old Town (1.5 hours): This lively old area has been partly restored, and remains an authentic and busy community. The old wooden houses and narrow streets furthest from the river are mostly unimproved, closer to the river there are craft and souvenir shops, teahouses and music, and lots of local food and snacks. The locals certainly love their food – this is a good chance to try some.
- Three Gorges Museum (2 hours): The best exhibits are those on the history of the Yangtze and, of course, the Dam. It also houses some excellent stone and terracotta sculptures, art and interesting artifacts, items from the war years, and temporary exhibitions. The museum faces the impressive People's Hall, built to resemble the Temple of Heaven, across a lively square, itself a hub of activity.
- Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant (Yangjiaping Branch): Located close to the Chongqing Zoo, Cai Xiang Yuan Restaurant serves with dishes are cooked with local flavors and ingredients. Cantonese dishes are also available.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$1,419||-||- / $260 / -|
|6-9 Persons||-||$999||-||- / $260 / -|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$1,479||-||- / $277 / - /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$1,019||-||- / $277 / - /|
Tour Length: 6 Days
Attractions: Du Fu Cottage, Panda Breeding and Research Centre, Wu Hou Temple, Leshan Giant Buddha, Zigong Dinosaur Museum, Historical Museum of the Salt Industry, Dazu Grottoes, Goose Neck Park, Ciqikou Old Town, Three Gorges Museum
|Chengdu||Tianfu Sunshine Hotel Chengdu
|Chongqing||Lafei Royal Hotel - Chongqing
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu, Zigong, Dazu, Chongqing by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.