Shanghai Memories Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Shanghai
The guides were both really great; the Suzhou-Tongli driver was great (didn't do much driving for the Shanghai extension); our highly-customised Suzhou Read more
David Oct. 18, 2010
thank you very much for your help with our Shanghai tours. You helped make our first visit to China memorable, enjoyable and stress-free. Our tour guide Read more
Marc Feb. 24, 2010
Create a Shanghai memory by visiting the must see attractions of the city. Take a family visit to experience a real Shanghai life with Locals.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Shanghai, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Shanghai)
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Yuyuan Garden, Jade Buddha Temple, Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Old Shanghai Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Xi's Garden
- Yuyuan Garden (1 hour): Yuyuan Garden is located in the center of Shanghai old quarters. It was a private garden built in 1559 during the Ming Dynasty, with typical Chinese classic architecture and style. The complex covers an area of 2 hectares, with rockeries, pavilions, ponds and corridors. Yuyuan Garden is surrounding by a busy market place, where visitors can find everything from popular local snacks, handicrafts, antiques and souvenirs to some famous time-honored restaurants.
- Jade Buddha Temple (40 minutes): Built in 1918, Jade Buddha Temple is a very popular Buddhist temple among local people. The main treasures are two statues of Buddha imported from Burma by sea. They were carved from rare single blocks of white jade adorned with precious stones. The temple is a hive of activities with monks, worshippers and visitors.
- Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall (1 hour): A short walk across Renmin Square from the Shanghai Museum, this offers a fascinating insight into Shanghai's future. The 2nd floor has a giant walkaround model of the city, and other floors have great displays and interactive exhibitions.
- The Shanghai World Financial Center (40 minutes): Shanghai World Financial Center is located in Pudong District, reaching a height of 492 meters (1,615 feet). It is now a new landmark of prosperous Shanghai. It was the second tallest building in the world when it was completed in 2007. Its observation deck, at 474 meters (1,555 feet) above the ground, is currently the tallest in the world. The multi-function skyscraper consists of hotels, apartments, restaurants, shopping malls, offices and observation decks.
- Old Shanghai Restaurant: Old Shanghai Restaurant is an old and famous local restaurant which serves typical Shanghai Food as well as different flavors from other parts of China.
- Xi's Garden : Xi's Garden has a great garden-side location in the French Concession with a beautiful open platform and provides typical Shanghai style dishes.
- Jiangnan Silk Shop and Workshop: See how silk is produced from the cocoons of silk worms, and turned into the beautiful fabric we all know and love. Silk filled duvets are excellent value, and the showroom offers everything from small souvenirs to larger items. The beauty of real silk is that it's so light, and packs really easily.
Address: 289, Ao'men Road, Putuo District, Shanghai
Place & Transport: Shanghai
Today's Activities: Be a Shanghainese, The Bund, Nanjing Road
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Be a Shanghainese (5 hours): This tour will give you a chance to experience the real life of Shanghainese and to know how they think and what they do. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel and transfer to Caoyang New Neighbourhood, the first new-birth neighbourhood for workers since the national liberation in 1952. After that you will visit a local food market and call on a local residence to make dumplings with the owners. Then, have your lunch there. After lunch, you will be transferred back to your hotel after the tour.
- The Bund (40 minutes): This 1.5-kilometer-long embankment runs along the western bank of Huangpu River. On its west side it is the "architecture gallery" with 52 well-preserved old European style buildings. Once the major trading and commercial center of old Shanghai, the Bund has now taken on new vitality, with futuristic developments, chic restaurants, top end shops and bars offer plenty to see and do-and by night it's magic!
- Nanjing Road (40 minutes): Nanjing Road is the most famous and busiest shopping street in Shanghai. From time-honored traditional Chinese brand stores to international designer boutiques, Nanjing Road is a shopping paradise where you can find everything. There are also many hotels, restaurants, theaters and shopping malls. It's a fascinating glimpse of modern, commercial China.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$599||$499||$509||$220 / $126 / $133 /|
|6-9 Persons||$439||$339||$349||$220 / $126 / $133 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$699||$549||$519||$324 / $176 / $144 /|
|6-9 Persons||$539||$399||$359||$324 / $176 / $144 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Hall, Children Palace, Jade Buddha Temple, Yuyuan Garden, The Shanghai World Financial Center, Pujiang Cruise(from South bund to Yangpu Bridge), The Bund, Nanjing Road
|Shanghai||Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
||The Bund Hotel Shanghai
||Kingtown Hotel Plaza Shanghai
A. Entrance fees：To scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary.
B. Meals: All means as specified in the itinerary.
C. Private Transfers: Between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the above cities by the private air conditioned vehicle.
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
D. Guide and Driver: As outlined in the itinerary, a well selected English-speaking guide and driver will accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
E. Hotels: Hotel Based on two persons sharing one room with twin beds. All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast . All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
F. Luggage Transfers: Between airports and hotels.
G. Service Charge & Government Taxes.
H. Gratuities, Tips to guides or drivers.
A. Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets.
B. Visa Fees.
C. Excess Baggage Charges.
D. Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the itinerary.
E. Meals: Any meals which are not specified with "B", "L" or "D".
F. Single Room Supplement.