Suzhou And Water Village Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Top Tours in Suzhou
Known as "Heaven On Earth", Suzhou is unforgettable. Its elegant gardens and beautiful, ancient waterway and canals will enchant you. The home of the Chinese silk industry, Suzhou has so much to offer.
Duration: 3 Days
Place & Transport: Shanghai to Suzhou
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Shanghai to Suzhou
Place & Transport: Suzhou
Today's Activities: Humble Administrators Garden, The Grand Canal(Cruising by Motor Boat), Rickshaw ride, The No.1 Silk Factory, Lingering Garden, Suzhou Embrodidery Institution
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Pine and Crane Restaurant
- Humble Administrators Garden (1.5 hours): The garden is the best representative of Chinese classical gardens, constructed in the Ming dynasty, which focuses on a central pond with pavilions, terraces, chambers, and towers located nearby, the garden is divided into three parts: the eastern, middle and western parts. At 5 hectares the largest of these beautiful gardens, it is one of the most famous one. It provides everyone with pleasure. Don't miss the Garden Museum - actually don't miss any of these lovely places. Tourists may wear comfortable shoes, as there's a lot of walking here.
- The Grand Canal(Cruising by Motor Boat) (40 minutes): The Grand Canal ranks alongside the Great Wall of China as the country's greatest engineering achievement and it is the longest man-made waterway in the world.Cruising on the Canal(about 30-40 minutes), you can see the local peoples' life. Known as the land of rice and fish, Suzhou city has a network of picturesque lakes and canals both large and small, which all link in eventually to the Grand Canal. The view from the little boats that ply the smaller canals is enchanting, whilst the traffic on the Grand Canal reminds you of Suzhou that it was the original source of the 'sea' silk road.
- Rickshaw ride (1.5 hours): Through the old streets & Hutongs in Suzhou, you will see local people's life.
- The No.1 Silk Factory (1 hour): Suzhou is famous for its silk produts. Tourists may go and see how the silk is processed from worm to the final product, and some of the silk history of in China. There's also an opportunity to buy something beautiful from the showroom, or just enjoy the goods on display.
- Lingering Garden (1 hour): Suzhou is famous for its gardens. Lingering Garden is an elaborate succession of small gardens. Lingering in a garden you will marvel at its unique architecture and art. Designed to "linger" through the generations, with a succession of small beautifully landscaped gardens, pools and pavements and a pavilion for each season. It has wonderful covered walkways, carved corridors, elaborately shaped doorways and perfect viewpoints for a variety of perspectives on this special garden.
- Suzhou Embrodidery Institution: Located in a very beautiful garden, the Embroidery Institute has an international reputation for its delicate needle work. The works of the embroidery Institute are often used by the government as official gifts to other countries. They provide demonstrations of see how embroidery is produced and turned into the fabric.
Tel: 0512-6522 2403
Address: No.272 Jingde road. Suzhou . China
- Pine and Crane Restaurant: The Pine and Crane Restaurant is located in the bustling hub of Suzhou City. Originally dating back to 1780, the Pine and Crane Restaurant has undergone plenty changes, history-wise and cuisine-wise. It boasts for the richly tastful Su-style cuisine and offers Suzhou tour makers a feast of both taste buds and eyes.
Place & Transport: Suzhou to Shanghai
Today's Activities: Tongli, Tongli Cruise, Our guide and driver will escort you from Suzhou to Shanghai
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Tongli Nanyuan Tea House
- Tongli: Tongli town has a history of more than one thousand years. There are over hundreds of gardens established in Ming dynasty and Qing dynasty, temples, cartilages and former residence of eminent souls. Fifteen rivers divide the town into seven islands and fortynine sets of historic bridges connect the town as a whole.
- Tongli Cruise (30 minutes): Tongli Cruise is the best way to experience this water town.
- Tongli Nanyuan Tea House: The Tea House was build with traditional brick. The wooden facade is decorated in the Qing Dynasty style, and there are two floors with a total area of about 400 square meters. Tea House serves many types of tea including black teas, green teas, scented teas. The tea house also provides smoked green beans, dried carrots and other refreshments. Patrons are entertained by traditional performances..
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$599||$499||$459||$189 / $109 / $73 /|
|6-9 Persons||$399||$319||$299||$189 / $109 / $73 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$539||$509||$469||$147 / $109 / $73 /|
|6-9 Persons||$369||$319||$299||$147 / $109 / $73 /|
Tour Length: 3 Days
Attractions: The Grand Canal, Panmen Gate, Lingering Garden, The No.1 Silk Factory, Wangshi Garden, Hanshan Temple, Rickshaw ride, Humble Administrator's Garden, Tongli Water Town
|Suzhou||Pan Pacific Suzhou
||Holiday Inn Jasmine Suzhou
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Shanghai, Suzhou by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- China Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.