Guilin Railway Station
Guilin Railway Station Taxi Directions
- Chinese Name: 桂林
- Address: Zhongshan South Road (Zhongshan Nan Lu) in Xiangshan District, close to the bus station.
- Chinese Address: 桂林象山区中山南路
- Telephone: 0773-2152222
- Number of platforms: 4
Where the Trains Going to
There are trains from Guilin Railway Station to the major cities in China which includes Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Guangzhou, Nanjing and Hangzhou. There aren’t direct trains to the areas father north Beijing such as Northeast China (Heilongjiang, Changchun and Jilin provinces). Likewise, direct train to Northwest China (except for Xi’an) is not available. Travelers who want to travel to these regions need to change trains in either Beijing or Zhengzhou.
Railways Passing by:
- Guilin to Guizhou Rail Line
- Zhicheng – Liuzhou Railway
- Guangxi to Hunan Railway
Transportation to Guilin Railway Station
South Railway Station - Guilin Central Bus Station
- Turn left after getting out of the South Station (namely turn to the north), and walk on for 10 minutes. You will see the Bus Station.
- If you do not want to go there on foot, then you can prepare some change to take the well-equipped buses NO. 100, 99, 2, 3, 10 and 11.
- North Station – South Station: Bus NO. 1, 99 and 100
From Guilin Railway Station to Seven Star Park: Bus No 11
Guilin Railway Station to Elephant Park, Fubo Hill and Folded Brocade Hill: Bus No 2 and Tourist Bus No 1.
Guilin Railway Station to Yangshuo: Bus heading to Yangshuo leaves from the square in front of Guilin Railway Station. Buses run every five to ten minutes.
In the day (06:30–23:00), the meter rate is 7 yuan within 2 kilometers. Over 2 kilometers, but less than 4 kilometers, it counts at 1.6 yuan per kilometer. Over 4 kilometers , it counts at 2 yuan per kilometer.
In the night (23:00–06:30 of the next day), the neter rate starts at 7.8 yuan within 2 kilometers. Over 2 kilometers, but less than 4 kilometers, it charges 1.8 yuan per kilometer. Over 4 kilometers, it charges 2.4 yuan per kilometer.
Guilin Railway Station Special Tips
- It takes at least over 20 hours from Beijing and Shanghai to Guilin and the slowest trains can take 30 to 40 hours. The starting time is often in the morning and afternoon.
- Since few trains start from railway stations of Guilin, it is difficult to get a sleeping berth ticket. You’d better book the back round trip ticket five days in advance. While in the peak season, it should be ten days earlier.
Special Service on Guilin Railway Station
Services: Passenger services and baggage checking.
Guilin Railway Station Overview
There are two railway stations in Guilin: Guilin Railway Station ( also called Guilin South Railway Station) and Guilin North Railway Station. Among the two, Guilin Railway Station is larger and is more used by travelers.
Guilin Railway Station was built in 1938 and expanded in 2005, after which its capacity has been largely increased. Currently, it can host up to 1,5000 passengers.
Guilin South Railway Station is conveniently located in the city center, at the main street of Guilin (zhongshan Road). Around the station, there are plenty of budget hotels. The best hotel close to the Railway Station is Guilin Osmanthus Hotel, which is a three-star hotel.
Postal Code: 541002
Ticket Booking Hotline (South Station): 0773-2152222
Hotline (North Station): 0773-2162222
By the way it is not guaranteed whether female or male in the cabin.
Carol Wang Replied on 03:05 AM Jun. 04 2012
Have a nice day! Nora Ou Replied on 01:03 AM Nov. 21 2011