There is no airport at Leshan. Chengdu is the closet city and is connected by bus to Leshan.The bust details as follows:
- Bus terminal: Shi Yang (stone ram) bus center
- Operational times: 7:30 - 19:00
- Bus type: air conditioned with reclining seat backs, very comfortable and clean
- Frequency: Every 20 minutes
- Fare: 37 RMB/person one-way
The one-way trip 1.5 hours.
The road is very smooth (newly built), with little traffic. Make sure you are take the big bus.
Leshan is a famous tourist city, and the transportation is very convenient, there are three main long-distance bus stations: Leshan Central Bus Station, Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station, Leshan Lianyun Bus Station (Chengbei Bus Station):
Leshan Central Bus Station
- Address: No.165 Jiading Road, Shizhong District, Leshan City
- Getting there: Take bus No.6, 9 to arrive.
- Destination: Chongqing, Meishan, Zigong, Jiuzhaigou, Luzhou, Mianyang, Ya'an, etc.
Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station
- Address: located in Leshan city center
- Destination: New South Gate Bus Station (Chengdu), Mt. Emei, Shawan, etc.
Leshan Lianyun Bus Station (Chengbei Bus Station)
- Address: located in the north of Leshan City
- Getting there: Take bus No.1 to arrive.
- Destination: Jianwei County, Luocheng Town, Ebian County, etc
In addition, there are other special tourist bus routes: Leshan Central Bus Station to Emeishan City; Leshan Central Bus Station to Shawan; Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station to Bishan Lake; Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station to Foguang Lake; Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station to Leshan Giant Buddha and Wuyou Temple.
Taxis are also convenient way to travel in Leshan City. The taxi fare is CNY3 for the first 2 kilometers, and subsequent every kilometer costs CNY0.7. In Emeishan City the taxi fare differs by type of car: A Santana or Fukang is CNY5 for the first 2 kilometers and CNY1.4 for each subsequent kilometer; Xiali is CNY3 for the first 2 kilometers, and CNY1.2 for each subsequent kilometer.
Questions and Answers About Leshan Transportation
Hi, Evan, there is no train, bus or flight from Guilin to Leshan. To Leshan from Guilin, you will need to take flight or train from Guilin to Chengdu and then transfer to Leshan.Simon Huang replied on 2013-09-24
You take the bus at Leshan Bus Terminal to Ya'an. The first bus departs at 06:30am and the following ones departs in every 1 hour. There are 10 buses in one day. It takes about 2.5 hours to get to Ya'an. The ticket is about CNY40-50 per person.Nora Ou replied on 2013-08-19
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on April 27, 2012
See all my travel articles