There is no airport at Leshan. Chengdu is the closet city and is connected by bus to Leshan.The bust details as follows:
- Bus terminal: Shi Yang (stone ram) bus center
- Operational times: 7:30 - 19:00
- Bus type: air conditioned with reclining seat backs, very comfortable and clean
- Frequency: Every 20 minutes
- Fare: 37 RMB/person one-way
The one-way trip 1.5 hours.
The road is very smooth (newly built), with little traffic. Make sure you are take the big bus.
Leshan is a famous tourist city, and the transportation is very convenient, there are three main long-distance bus stations: Leshan Central Bus Station, Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station, Leshan Lianyun Bus Station (Chengbei Bus Station):
Leshan Central Bus Station
- Address: No.165 Jiading Road, Shizhong District, Leshan City
Getting there: Take bus No.6, 9 to arrive.
- Destination: Chongqing, Meishan, Zigong, Jiuzhaigou, Luzhou, Mianyang, Ya'an, etc.
Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station
- Address: located in Leshan city center
- Destination: New South Gate Bus Station (Chengdu), Mt. Emei, Shawan, etc.
Leshan Lianyun Bus Station (Chengbei Bus Station)
- Address: located in the north of Leshan City
- Getting there: Take bus No.1 to arrive.
- Destination: Jianwei County, Luocheng Town, Ebian County, etc
In addition, there are other special tourist bus routes: Leshan Central Bus Station to Emeishan City; Leshan Central Bus Station to Shawan; Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station to Bishan Lake; Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station to Foguang Lake; Leshan Port Sight-seeing Bus Station to Leshan Giant Buddha and Wuyou Temple.
Taxis are also convenient way to travel in Leshan City. The taxi fare is CNY3 for the first 2 kilometers, and subsequent every kilometer costs CNY0.7. In Emeishan City the taxi fare differs by type of car: A Santana or Fukang is CNY5 for the first 2 kilometers and CNY1.4 for each subsequent kilometer; Xiali is CNY3 for the first 2 kilometers, and CNY1.2 for each subsequent kilometer.
Hi Annika, sorry, I didn't find any information for the bus or hotel in these places.Whitney Liao Replied on 2013-01-04
Hi Martin, yes, it is possible. But visiting the Giant Buddha is not by bus, it is by boat. It takes about 2-3hrs to go to see the Giant Buddha. There are few buses from 乐山 to 峨眉山. Navigating in 峨眉山 city itself is not difficult.Whitney Liao Replied on 2012-10-29