Classic Taiwan Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
In one week, we will take you to Taiwan's most scenic places such as the Sun Moon Lake, Sihzi Bay and Taroko National Park. Temples, local food, aboriginal cultures and other highlights are waiting along the way.
Duration: 7 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in , Flight not included
Today's Activities: 7-day Classic Taiwan Tour
Place & Transport: to Taizhong
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from to Taizhong, Sun Moon Lake, Puli Town
- Sun Moon Lake: Located 748 m (2,454 ft) above sea level, Sun Moon Lake is 27 m (89 ft) deep and has a surface area of approximately 7.93 km2 (3.06 sq mi). Yuchi Village where the lake is situated is a famous tourist destination. The lake is home to the Thao tribe, one of aboriginal tribes in Taiwan. Lalu Island in the middle of the lake, divides the water into two parts, the south part shaped like the moon while the northern part looks like the sun. This is where the name originates. The major sites of this area are Lalu Island, Jioulongkou, Wenwu Temple, Ci En Pagoda, Syuentzang Temple, Syuanguang Temple, Peacock Garden and Yida Tribe. Around the lake, there are many hiking trails and people can take a boat ride in the lake. While swimming is not allowed, an annual 3-km race called the Swimming Carnival is a highlight for Mid-Autumn Festival.
- Puli Town: Puli Town is located in the northern part Nantou County, the geological center of Taiwan. The small town has a lot to offer: temples, churches, sugarcane fields, countryside hiking trails and mountains. One of the most popular temples is Chungtai Chan Temple, which as over 80 other temples in Taiwan. Just outside the town is Taomi Village, where a church made of paper (Taomi Paper Church) is a site to remember. Heading to Liyu Lake (Carp Lake), you will find some pleasant trails that are just ideal for a day in nature. Puli Town is also foodies' favorite for its fresh and organic products, Shaoxing liquor, Alianthus Prickly Ash Cookies and Puli Rice Flour Noodles are the town’s specialties.
Place & Transport: Taizhong to
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Taizhong to , Mazu(Goddess of Sea) Temple in Changhua, Pakua Mountain, Lukang Historic Area
- Mazu(Goddess of Sea) Temple in Changhua: It is located in Nanyaoli in Changhua, by which the first Taiwan Provincial Highway passes.Mazu(Goddess of Sea) Temple is a saint place where Mazu ,who is regarded as the Saint Goddess of Sea, is worshipped greatly by her followers.
- Pakua Mountain: Located in northeast of Changhwa County, Pakua Mountain is a primary spiritual center for the locals and famous among Buddhists and tourists alike. The most impressive site on the mountain is the Giant Buddha, which rises 7.2ft. The temple located there has a ground floor which is the shrine and the 2nd to 5th floor house important scriptures that tell the life story of the Buddha; the top of the statue offers a panoramic view of Changhwa City. Hiking trails around the mountain can be a good choice for a leisurely day trip.
- Lukang Historic Area: Lukang Town is located in Changhwa County. Lukang means Harbor of Deer, used to be an important trading port during the Qing Dynasty. Despite its small size and population, the town has a long history and is noted for remarkably well-preserved ancient architecture such as Tien Hou Temple, Long Shan Temple, and City God Temple. The Folk Culture Museum has an interesting collection of antiques, clothes, furniture, musical instruments and pottery. A trip to Lukang Historic Area is full of history and cultural interests.
Place & Transport: to Gaoxiong
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from to Gaoxiong, Anping Fort, Chih-Kan Tower, Eternal Golden Castle, Fo Kuang Shan Mountain
- Anping Fort: Anping Fort, aka Fort Zeelandia, is located in Anping Town. During the 17th century, Europeans poured into Asia for trading. Anping Town was chosen by the Dutch for its ideal strategic location as a sandy peninsula off the main coast. On 30th April 1661, General Zheng Chenggong won a battle against the Dutch with a loss of 1,600 Dutch lives and returned Anping Fort to the authority of Ming China. Nowadays, ruins of fortress are rarely seen but the history remains and is part of the as the town’s attraction. Zeelandia Museum provides an informative insight of the region’s history and culture.
- Chih-Kan Tower: Chih-Kan Tower (aka Chih-kan Lou, Fort Provintia or Chamber of Red Hill) was built by the Dutch in 1653 during their colonial period. It was a typical European-style building functioning as the island's center but it was torn down late in the Qing Dynasty. It was rebuilt it as a shrine to the Ocean God in a classical Chinese style with red tiles and cornices and this is the exterior of the present day structure.
- Eternal Golden Castle: Eternal Golden Castle (also known as Yi Tzai Golden Castle or Eternal Fortress) is located at the southern end of Anping Town. It used to be the most important military installation during the Qing Dynasty and had Taiwan’s first Western-style cannon.
- Fo Kuang Shan Mountain: Meaning Buddha's Light Mountain, Fo Kuang Shan is located in Dashu Township of Kaohsiung. The mountain is the largest and most influential religious center in Taiwan for Buddhists. There are a giant Buddha statue, a main temple, monastery, nunnery and Buddhism university and other facilities. Fo Kuang Shan, the most famous Buddhist sacred place of southern Taiwan. Here you will learn about Buddhism during the monastery walking tour, and there will be chance to taste Buddhist vegetarian lunch (at your own cost) and communicate with some of the monks, nuns during the visit to the Main Shrine, Great Buddha Land where you will find a huge Buddha statue.
Place & Transport: Gaoxiong to Hualien
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Gaoxiong to Hualien, Former British Consulate, Spring & Autumn Pavilions, Sizih Bay
- Former British Consulate : The Former British Consulate is one of Kaohsiung's most famous historical sites, located in Gushan Township of Kaohsiung City. It was built in 1865 when the Treaty of Peking forced the Qing government of Formosa (present-day Taiwan) to open up the ports of Takao (present-day Kaohsiung). The building now serves as a museum which has an abundance historical material and models.
- Spring & Autumn Pavilions : As a must-see attraction in Kaohsiung City, the Spring & Autumn Pavilions reflect the rich Taoism culture. Located in Zuoying Township, it is a part of the famous Lotus Lake Scenic Area. The twin pavilions, Spring Pavilion and Autumn Pavilion are built on elegant Chinese palace-style. The Martial Saint, Lord Kuan (aka Kuan Yu) is worshipped here. Around the twin pavilions, you can find vendors selling local snacks and handicrafts. It is a nice place for an easy stroll.
- Sizih Bay: Sizih Bay Scenic Area is a very popular place in Kaohsiung. At the western corner of the city, Sizih Bay Scenic Area is faces Chichin Island at the south and lies at the foot of Wanshou Mountain. The sandy beach and clear water offer a cool break during summertime. Sunrise and sunset are the pretty on the bay, especially when enjoyed on a relaxing boat ride.
Place & Transport: Hualien to Taipei
Today's Activities: Our guide and driver will escort you from Hualien to Taipei, Taroko National Park, Chi Hsing Tan Beach
- Taroko National Park: Spanning Taichung City, Nantou County, and Hualien County, Taroko National Park is one of the most famous national parks in Taiwan. The park is located in Xiulin Village of Hualien County. Main sites of the park include Tunnel of Nine Turns, Eternal Spring Shrine, Swallow Grotto, Jinheng Park, the Bridge of the Kind Mother, Tiansiang, Jhueilu Precipic, Lioufang Bridge, Hill of Yu the Great, Buluowan and several scenic hiking trails.
The parks resources provide opportunities for mountain climbing, cloud sea watching, hiking, caving, cycling and photography. Depending on the season, Taroko offers different experiences: Spring is a great time to see the flowers, especially peach blossom and cherry blossom. Visitors go caving and hiking during summer. The frosts of fall are also amazing; even though it does not snow often in Taiwan it may be possible see snow on Hehuan Mountain Range during winter.
- Chi Hsing Tan Beach: Chi Hsing Tan Beach (aka Seven Star Beach) is a moon-shaped bay located at the northeast corner of Hualien City. The sandy bay is a peaceful place where you can just lay on the beach, listen to the sound of the ocean or stroll around.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$1,149||-||- / --|
|6-9 Persons||-||$1,109||-||- / --|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||-||$1,149||-||- / - - /|
|6-9 Persons||-||$1,109||-||- / - - /|
Tour Length: 7 Days
Attractions: Sun Moon Lake, Puli Town, Mazu(Goddess of Sea) Temple in Changhua, Pakua Mountain, Lukang Historic Area, Anping Fort, Chih-Kan Tower, Eternal Golden Castle, Fo Kuang Shan Mountain, Former British Consulate, Spring & Autumn Pavilions, Sizih Bay, Taroko National Park, Chi Hsing Tan Beach
|Taizhong||Park City Hotel.Central Taichung
|Gaoxiong||Chateau de Chine Hotel Kaohsiung
|Taipei||The Riviera Hotel Taipei
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Taiwan by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above). Trains as listed above in the itinerary in Taiwan.
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave Taiwan.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
- Taiwan Entry Visa Fees.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carry on baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.