Top 6 Romantic Places in Chengdu
With its rich cultural heritage and beautiful natural sights, Chengdu, one of the top tourism cities, is an attractive destination for tourists, especially for those who are looking for romantic trips. Find below the top 6 romantic places in Chengdu:
For Romance: Floraland (国色天乡)
Floraland stands on the suburbs of Wenjiang. It is an amusement park with all kinds of recreational facilities, such as the "top windmill", "log ride splash", "super bob", and "spinning coaster". Also, there are many pavilions displaying different cultures from different countries, offering choices for enjoying your time.
The air of Floraland is filled with romance and sweetness which is presented from the themed parks and pavilions: China pavilion with a time-honored culture, France with romance, Spain and Germany with enthusiasm and passion, Belgium with childish fun, Italy with its literature and art, and Japan with an aroma of sakura. i
The Ferris wheel is a must-see in Floraland. When the delicate Ferris wheel gradually reaches the top, it is just right to enjoy the panorama of the city.
- Location: Thousand Springs Town, Wenjiang District, Chengdu (成都市温江区万春镇)
- Transportation: take bus 904 at the New South Gate Bus Station and get off at the final station.
- Ticket: 70 yuan per person
For Fashion: Chunxi Road Area
Chunxi Road Area is an area that covers the east of North New Street, the south of Zongfu Road, the west of Red Star Street, the north of East Avenue, South New Street, Central New Street, and the surrounding streets. Actually, it is a well-known shopping center containing a multitude of brand shops and prestigious Chinese malls, which has made it the ideal place for tourists outside of Chengdu and local white collars.
It is not only the fashion center of Chengdu, but also a center crowded with snacks bars. Travelers can enjoy coffee in the well-decorated coffee shops, appreciating the lifelike sculpted reliefs, taking photos of the water curtain wall, or walking in the elegant environment of the pedestrian area.
- Location: Jinjiang District, Chengdu
- Transportation: take bus 4, 8, 58, 81 or 98A.
- Ticket: free
For Leisure: The Wide and Narrow Alleys
The Wide and Narrow Alleys are composed of three old parallel alleys: Wide Alley, Narrow Alley and Across Alley. There are three ancient streets lined with old buildings from the Ming and Qing dynasties. Wide Alley and Narrow Alley are the epitome of both the old and modern Chengdu, like a mark lodged in one's heart of hearts.
When the tourists walk in the alley at dusk, the wisps of smoke rising from chimneys may show them an old-fashioned lifestyle that has been seen for a long time. It is romantic for lovers to make time to stroll there. Moreover, they can stop at a teahouse to have a chat if they feel tired, while enjoying the sunshine.
- Location: near Jinhe Road, Qingyang District, Chengdu
- Transportation: take bus 5, 13, 43, 47, 58 or 81 and get off at Jinhelu (金河路).
- Ticket: free
For Literary Atmosphere: Xiaotong Alley (小通巷)Xiaotong Alley is considered to be the "original alley" by the media because it is a quiet place in the city where people can get close to nature. Unlike the busy Wide and Narrow Alleys, Xiaotong Alley is a simple, peaceful street that attracts hipsters to come.
With those old grey-colored buildings on each side, the flower man passing through slowly on his bike, Xiaotong Alley is an unattractive street at first sight, but it turns out to be a good place if you roam around, and it's amazing to find out that many special and delicate small shops are scattered there.
It is satisfying for lovers to stroll there on a fine day, holding hands, to relax in an elegant coffee house, or to shop around for some unique gifts for each other.
- Location: near Tongren Road, Qingyang District, Chengdu (成都市青羊区中同仁路附近)
- Transportation: take bus 340 and get off at Zhongtongrenlu (中同仁路).
- Ticket: free
For Pandas: Giant Panda Breeding Center
The Giant Panda Breeding Center is located at the northern suburb of Chengdu, covering an area of 360,000 square meters. It is an important ecological place to protect the pandas that are away from their original homes.
More than 30 pandas live and breed there. There are also hundreds and thousands of birds and animals living there harmoniously, which give tourists a fantastic sight.
Most girls cannot help getting excited when they see a panda with its lovely appearance.
- Location: Mountain Axe (north Chengdu) (成都市北郊斧头山)
- Transportation: take bus 1, 45, 49, 60, 63, 69, 70, 71, 82 or 83 and get off at Zhaojue Temple (昭觉寺), and change to bus 107 or 532.
- Ticket: 30 yuan per person
For the Classical: Wenshufang (文殊坊)
Wenshufang consists of many West Sichuan-styled buildings for commercial use based on the rich Buddhist culture and folk culture, showing the soul of old Chengdu's culture and history. It is a destination that is famous for its ancient architectural building complex, relics of ancient temples, and folk landscape.
Wenshufang is a perfect setting for romance. Walking along the stone road, the lovers can enjoy their leisure time: they can go to Wenshu Monastery to pray for their love, go to the folk street to buy some souvenirs such as dolls, have some tasty snacks, or exchange their stories while drinking tea.
- Location: near Central Renmin Road, Qingyang District, Chengdu (成都市青羊区人民中路旁)
- Transportation: take bus 1, 64, 73, 80 or 89 and get off at Shengshiuwu Zhongxin (Sichuan Government Affairs Center/省市政务中心).
- Ticket: 5 yuan per person
Questions and Answers About Top 6 Romantic Places in Chengdu
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on February 13, 2014
See all my travel articles