Bifengxia Panda Base Discovery And Chengdu Highlights Tour
- Centrally Located Hotel
- Authentic Local Restaurants
- Private Car and Driver
- Entrance Fees
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Tour Arrangements
Visit the home of Giant Pandas in Bifengxia Panda Base to see Giant Pandas in their natural environment, as well as the highlights of Chengdu which include Jinli Old Street, Wu Hou Temple and Wangjiang Park.
Duration: 4 Days
Place & Transport: Arrive in Chengdu, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Chengdu)
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Wangjiang Park, Wu Hou Temple, Jinli Old Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Long Chao Shou Snack
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage (1.5 hours): A museum and memorial for Du Fu (712-770 AD), often called China's greatest poet, surrounded by a large and beautiful garden. Du Fu spent five years in Chengdu, the peak of his creativity, living in a thatched hut on this site.
- Wangjiang Park (1.5 hours): Wangjiang Park is located two kilometers east of Chengdu, on the south bank of the Jinjiang River. The park is renowned because the famous poet, Xue Tao (768-831), once lived here. She originally came from Chang'an and later moved to Chengdu with her father. And also famous for it's Bamboo.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
- Jinli Old Street (1 hour): Once the commercial heart of the old kingdoms this ancient street has been fully restored in traditional Sichuan style. Picturesque, bustling, and cheerful, you can sample local arts and craft, traditional Chinese goods, food and delicacies, and even a Starbucks, local style.
- Long Chao Shou Snack: It is a time-honored snack bar with different kinds of snack. Ordering a package of snack it gives you a chance of tasting all the delicious food in Chengdu. The decoration is extravagant, but is also appearing traditional style of Chengdu.
Bifeng Valley is a new home to Giant pandas after the earthquake in 2008. The center is one of the best places to see panda with refreshing air and luxuriant bamboo. Now there are about 20 pandas in the center. A Panda Volunteer Program is provided. Some of the tasks that volunteers may do include feeding the pandas or helping the panda take a cool bath (extra fee requires). The Valley is also a tourist attraction with integration of leisure, holiday- making, and recreation. Note: A physical examination is required if you apply the Panda Volunteer Program. Please contact your trip advisor for the detail.
- Normally hotels allow a maximum of 3 adults per room with an extra bed, at extra charge.
- Tour price is indicative only, please enquire for a detailed quotation.
- More people more discounts. Low season, lower price.
- * Single Room Supplement prices are shown: Superior/Deluxe/Economy
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$639||$509||$499||$283 / $148 / $119 /|
|6-9 Persons||$519||$399||$359||$283 / $148 / $119 /|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||Superior||Deluxe||Economy||Single Room Supplement *|
|2-5 Persons||$709||$559||$519||$330 / $173 / $132 /|
|6-9 Persons||$599||$419||$399||$330 / $173 / $132 /|
Tour Length: 4 Days
Attractions: Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Wangjiang Park, Wu Hou Temple, Jinli Old Street, Bifeng Valley Panda Centre
|Chengdu||Sofitel Wanda Chengdu
||Tianfu Sunshine Hotel Chengdu
||Minshan Lhasa Grand Hotel
- Entrance Fees:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
- Private Transfers:
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Chengdu by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
- Luggage Transfers:
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Personal Expenses:
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
- Single Room Supplement.