White Cloud Mountain
White Cloud Mountain is a famous mountain in South China. It is honored to be the first scenery of Goat City and the first mountain of Southern Yue since ancient times due to its magnificence and loftiness. It is made up of 30 peaks with the major peak of Mo Xing Ling whose altitude is 382 meters. The summit of the mountain will be wreathed by clouds whenever the sky clears after the rain or in the late spring time. The mountain is hence called Baiyun Mountain. September to November is most suitable time to climb the mountain because of the fine weather and moderate temperature.
The mountain range is full grandeur with majestic peaks and crisscrossed valleys. There remained the ancient site of mountain Stream Pu which is said to be the residence of Zheng Anqi of the Qing Dynasty when he secluded himself there. There is a Jiu Long Quan (Nine-dragon Spring), with a history of more than 2,000 years, which is said to be discovered in the Qing Dynasty. There is also the tomb of Zhang Erqiao, a singer in the Ming Dynasty, which is called Baihua Mound; a stele with the vivid Chinese charater of "Hu"(tiger) inscribed by Liu Yongfu, a general of Hei Qi Jun (Black Banner Army) in the Qing Dynasty; and the scenic spots of Dripping Rock, Baiyun Mountain Scenery in the Dawn, Baiyun Mountain Scenery in the Dusk, the First Peak on earth, Peal Tower, Shuiyue Pavilion and so on. Travelers can appreciate the overall splendid landscape of Guangzhou and especially the beautiful jade-belt-liked Zhujiang River when standing at the spot of Baiyun Mountain Scenery in the Dusk, leaning against the railings and staring as far as they can.
Guangzhou White Cloud Mountain is a famous historic attraction in Guangzhou, with lots of splendid scenery and places of interest, elected as the historical and new Eight Attractions of Guangzhou. The whole scenic spot consists of seven tourist spots: Pearl Tower Tourist Spot, Mo Xing Ling Tourist Spot, Ming Chun Valley Tourist Spot, San Tai Ling Tourist Spot, Luhu Lake Tourist Spot, Fei E Ling Tourist Spot and He Yi Ling Tourist Spot. Travelers can not only appreciate the natural scenes but also go grassing, take slideway, and enjoy bungee there.
Hi Catherine, you can spend one day in each city, so time is enough. You can join a tour or go on your own.
You can go to Zhuhai North Railway Station to take the bullet train which takes about 1hr. Check train schedules via here: http://www.chinahighlights.com/china-trains/ or go to Gongbei Bus Station 拱北汽车站 in Zhuhai to take the bus which takes about 2hrs.
We are very glad to arrange the tour for you. Please let me know:
1. the number of people
2. class of hotel: 3/4/5 star
3. starting dateWhitney Liao Replied on 2013-03-07
1. The weather is quite pleasant in Guangzhou at that time, with temperature of 14 °C (58 °F) and 21 °C (70 °F).
2. Shenzhen is wonderful with lots of interesting places. While in Foshan, you can visit the former residence of Huang Feihong, a famous Martial master, as well as other attractions.
3. From Guangzhou to Shenzhen, you can take bullet train(D train) from Guangzhou Railway Station or Guangzhou East Railway Station( second class seat: ≈CNY80, first class seat: ≈CNY100 ). The trains are available from 06:03 to 22:40, takes 80-100mins, with very good frequency.
4. You can take train from Shenzhen West Railway Station to Foshan, which takes about 3-4.5hrs, costs around CNY30 for hard seat. You can check train information here: http://www.chinatrainguide.com/
If you need any tour service, please feel free to contact me. Have a nice day!Whitney Liao Replied on 2013-02-20
Hi Farah, January is a good time to go to Guangzhou. But if you wish to climb the Baiyun Mountain, it would be a little cold, to Chimelong Paradise is okay.
In January, normally the clothes sell at the shopping mall or street markets are winter clothes (e.g. jacket, thick clothes, overcoats).Whitney Liao Replied on 2012-11-28
Hi Su, it is said in Baiyun Mountain, but the exact place can't be found.Whitney Liao Replied on 2012-11-04
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Top Places to Shop
- Places to see fall foliage
- Half Day or One Day in Guangzhou
- Golf Courses
- About Canton Fair
- About 113th Canton Fair
- Canton Fair History
- 113th Canton Fair Schedule in 2013
- Canton Fair Business Facilities
- Pazhou Complex