Guangzhou Travel Guide
Guangzhou is the largest and most flourishing industrial and foreign trade center in south China. A China Export Commodities Fair is held in Guangzhou in the spring and autumn every year.
Guangzhou has a humid climate, and flowers bloom there all year round; hence its name as the City of Flowers.
Guangzhou is a famous historical city. It is said that in ancient times, five immortals wearing colorful clothes and riding colorful immortal sheep who hold rice stalk in their mouths arrived in Guangzhou.
It is China's largest trade fair with the most complete variety of goods with the largest attendance and business turnover. The Fair is a comprehensive multi - functional event of international importance.
115th Session in Spring 2014:
- Phase 1: Apr. 15 - 19, 2014 9:30 - 18:00
- Phase 2: Apr. 23 - 27, 2014 9:30 - 18:00
- Phase 3: May. 1 - 5, 2014 9:30 - 18:00
116th Session in Autumn 2014:
- Phase 1: Oct. 15 - 19, 2014 9:30 - 18:00
- Phase 2: Oct. 23 - 27, 2014 9:30 - 18:00
- Phase 3: Oct. 31 - Nov. 4, 2014 9:30 - 18:00
Accommodations in Guangzhou
Guangzhou is one of the most important traffic nodes for business men from other countries, and a top financial city. We have selected over 500 hotels in Guangzhou for different customers with high customer ratings. We have recommended hotels near exhibition centers and business areas in Guangzhou.
Top Things to Do in Guangzhou
- Visit Temple of Six Banyan Trees: One of the four Buddhism temple complexes in Guangzhou. The ancient temple features a towering colorful pagoda, luxuriant trees and historic and cultural relics.
- Relish Local Cuisine: Guangzhou cuisine is one of the Eight Major Regional Cuisines in China. You would also love to have a dim sum breakfast at a local restaurant.
- More Top Things to Do in Guangzhou
They handed out the rice stalks to the mass here and wished that there would never have famine. Afterwards, Guangzhou was renowned as Goat City or Sui Cheng and hence Wu Yang (five sheep) became the symbol of Guangzhou.
As recorded in historical documents, there established city walls since the year of 214 B.C., and it has a history of 2210 years as a city and has many cultural sites, which vividly reflect the development of Guangzhou in different times.
The city has flourished economically since China opened its door to the outside world in 1978. Guangzhou's location near Hong Kong makes it an important stop for foreign visitors and the Canton Fair held twice yearly, has made the city as one of the most popular destinations for business travelers.
Guangzhou Walking Tours
Although Guangzhou may not be a good walking places in terns of its traffic conditions, the city has a few nice walking routes. which travelers can follow and experience the real Guangzhou first hand. Read more
Shopping in Guangzhou
When traveling to this modern and prosperous city, why don't you go shopping around, the city provides a great number of shopping items for you, such as clothing, cosmetics, furniture, electrical appliance and digital products. And you don't have to worry about not being able to find a supper market, because there are shopping places around every street corner. read more
Nightlife in Guangzhou
Guangzhou provides tourists, no matter old and young, with wonderful and interesting nightlife activities, such as taking a night cruise on the Pearl River and enjoying a show of Cantonese opera. Bars and clubs are available all over the city, you will find a favorite one. read more
Guangzhou Travel Tips
China Highlights provides you information on how to plan a trip to Guangzhou, what you should be aware of in Guangzhou, and some famous festivals and celebrations like Canton Fair. read more
Guangzhou Mid-Autumn Festival 2013
The Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival 2013 will take place on September 13. People in Guangzhou usually celebrate the festival by eating mooncakes, hanging lanterns and watching the moon. Read more on how the festival is celebrated in Guangzhou, and the best places in Guangzhou to watch the festival moon with our Guangzhou Mid-Autumn Festival 2013.
Questions and Answers About Guangzhou Travel Guide
Hi Omid, we can arrange the tour guide for you. The price is CNY600/DAY(8hrs), meals and transportation are not included.Whitney Liao replied on 2013-04-10
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Top Places to Shop
- Places to see fall foliage
- Best Guangzhou Camping Sites
- Half Day or One Day in Guangzhou
- Top Free Things to Do in Guangzhou
- Golf Courses
- About Canton Fair
- About 114th Canton Fair
- Canton Fair History
- 114th Canton Fair Schedule in 2013
- Canton Fair Business Facilities
- Pazhou Complex