Impression West Lake
Impression West Lake is an evening spectacle of music, light and dance entirely staged on the beautiful West Lake in Hangzhou City, with natural mountains and waters as its backdrop. It is one of the creations of famous Chinese director Zhang Yimou, and the music of the performance was composed by Kitaro, a world-class musician.
The show lasts for about one hour and consists of five acts: "Encounter", "Fall in Love", "Say Goodbye", "Memory", and "Impression". This dazzling outdoor performance mixes the thousand-year history and legends of West Lake with the surrounding beautiful natural scenes. A state-of-the-art sound system and specially designed concealable auditorium contribute to pleasant musical enjoyment.
- Tickets and transportation to watch Impression West Lake can be arranged when you are in Hangzhou taking our Hangzhou Tours.
Located in the west of Hangzhou City, West Lake is a famous attraction and is considered one of the most beautiful places in China. It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2011. During daytime, people can enjoy the beauty of West Lake by walking, biking or boating. Around West Lake there are many ancient relics, bars, shops and galleries worth exploring. Read more about West Lake.
19: 45-20: 55 (daily)
21: 15-22: 25 (on public holidays)
1. The show will be canceled if there is heavy rain.
2. The show is available from March to December. The show is scheduled to fold in January and February.
- Check out our Hangzhou Tour Packages. China Highlights can also tailor-make a tour for you to suit your needs.
Questions and Answers About Impression West Lake
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on February 10, 2014
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Free Things to Do
- Things to Do with Kids