The local Hunan cuisine is characterized by its heat, its aroma, and spices. Noted dishes include bean curd with odor, spring rolls, pork leg braised in soy sauce, hot and spicy chicken, slice beef, salted meat of the Tujia Minority groups, braised chicken with gyrophora, salted fish from Tony Zu, duck from the River Zhi, Linwu duck, and Hunan Yellow Chicken, among others.
In addition, Tujia smoked dishes include smoked pork, salted lamb, salted beef, salted pig legs, and so on; sour and spicy dishes consist of sour edible wild herbs, pickled vegetables, sour pork, sour fish, sour corn mash, and more. Tujia family dishes include mixture dreg, pumpkin soup, rice tofu, steamed pork with rice, meat with vegetable, stewed chicken with gyrophora, loach soup with bean curd, spicy fish, and other treats. Tujia pickled dishes include pickled pepper, cured meat, cured corn power, and pickled ginger; and wild herbs and land rice dishes are also delicious.
- HongGe Restaurant
Address: Chongwen Road in Zhangjiajie City.
- Philander Sister Restaurant
Address: Chongwen Road in Zhangjiajie
- Red Lotus Tujia Special Flavor Restaurant
Address: No.740, Tianmen Road in Zhangjiajie
- Yuanyuan Special Restaurant
Address: No. 871, Tianmen Road in Zhangjiajie
Questions and Answers About Zhangjiajie Food
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.