Jinli Old Street
Jinli Old Street is one of the oldest and busiest streets in the history of Xishu. As early as the Qin, Han and Three Kingdoms periods, it was known throughout the country. This street, which is only 350 meters long, is a stage for life in Chengdu and showcases its features. You can taste the flavor of old Chengdu by seeing the age-old street, official residences, folk residences, teahouses, inns, wine bars, stages and handiwork; you can get a taste of authentic Chengdu flavor by trying local snacks and specialties. Expect to be fully enthralled by the glamour of the folk customs in Sichuan Province. Green tiles are placed in order and bluestone ways twist forward, making people feel as if time was turned back and they are in the past again. Tea, dishes, wine, play and brocades with local features appear before your eyes one after another, creating quite a feast for the eyes.
Jinli Old Street is one of the oldest shopping streets in Sichuan Province, and it can be traced back to the Three Kingdoms Period, over 1,800 years ago. The street showcases the customs of Xishu and the culture of Shuhan (one of the Three Kingdoms from 221 to 263). Most of the architecture here is of the style of the residences in western Sichuan Province.
- On the ancient stages, classic plays are performed regularly.
- In the roadside stands, folk artisan performances are put on (including sugar painting, shaping clay figurines, paper cutouts, puppet shadow shows, and so on).
- On Jinli Snack Street, visitors can taste a variety of local delicacies.
- Tourists can take part in a local wedding. Couples can hold their weddings in Jinli for a ceremony that they won't forget for their entire lives.
- Folk music, plays, and local customs are held continuously year round.
- During traditional festivals, thematic activities are held in the communities. The activities include a lantern fair during the Lantern Festival, a snack festival, the Zongzi Eating Contest during the Dragon Boat Festival, activities during Chinese Valentines' Day, appreciating the moon together on Mid-Autumn Day, and so on.
NO. 231 Wuhou Hall Street (to the east of Wuhou Hall)
Recommended Chengdu Tours
- Chengdu Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Best Places to See Fall Foliage