Hangzhou National Tea Museum
Features: China's only museum dedicated to tea. There are tea exhibits and precious teaware.
Precious teawareSurrounded by clusters of tea farms and boasting five exhibition halls, the museum vividly depicts the evolution of Chinese tea and the colorful tea culture over a span of thousands of years. The Chinese Tea Evolution Hall showcases the production process and evolution of Chinese tea, as well as a variety of domestic and imported tea. The Teaware Hall depicts the evolution of Chinese teaware and deliberates on the planting, making and tasting of tea. The Tea Customs Hall is devoted to bring you a kaleidoscopic of tea customs and etiquettes of Yun Yan, Sichuan, Tibet, Fujian and Guang Dong provinces and of the Ming and Qing periods.
The exhibition center is divided into six tea-tasting sessions where visitors can taste teas of various flavors while enjoying tea-making ceremonies. The exquisite and quintessential buildings against the backdrop of the gardens, alternating with tea farms, totally immerse visitors in this strong tea culture.
More Articles about Chinese Tea
- Introduction to Chinese Tea
- China's Top Tea Culture Cities
- The Ancient Tea-Horse Read
- West Lake Dragon Well Tea
- Meijiawu Tea Plantation
- Chinese Food and Dining Etiquette
- Contact Us for Tailor-Made China Tea Culture Tours
Questions and Answers About Hangzhou National Tea Museum
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on November 7, 2012
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Things to Do
- Free Things to Do
- Things to Do with Kids