Chongqing Weather in August
August in Chongqing sees the highest temperatures of the year, as its average temperature during the day can go from 25 °C (77 °F) to 34 °C (93.2 °F). The temperature has surged up to nearly 40 °C (104 °F) in recent years, and the entire day can be scorching. You may feel you can't go outside even with a sun umbrella, as the sunshine is so strong.
Short pants and a T-shirt are indispensable this month and some sunstroke-prevention supplies are also needed when you go out.
August may fall during the peak travel season, especially for students on their summer holidays. Famous scenic spots such as White Emperor City and Ciqikou Old Town may be full of tourists. Hotel rooms and train tickets are much more difficult to book and ticket prices are much higher than normal. Consult our website to book hotel rooms and flight tickets at a big discount, and see the information on our tours to Chongqing.
Chongqing Climate Information by Month
- Chongqing Weather in January
- Chongqing Weather in February
- Chongqing Weather in March
- Chongqing Weather in April
- Chongqing Weather in May
- Chongqing Weather in June
- Chongqing Weather in July
- Chongqing Weather in August
- Chongqing Weather in September
- Chongqing Weather in October
- Chongqing Weather in November
- Chongqing Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Chongqing Weather in August
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on May 22, 2012
See all my travel articles