Great Wall Sections
the longest fully-restored section open to tourists.
the best preserved section of the Great Wall.
steep with many watchtowers and breathtaking views.
known as the First Pass Under Heaven since ancient times.
- Chinese Pinyin: Cháng Chéng
- Location: North China
- Length: 6,260 km (3,890 miles)
- Great Wall Facts »
Niangzi Guan Pass is located northeast of Pingding County in Shanxi Province and is one of the most important passes along the foot of Taihang Mountain. The pass is wedged between the mountainous Huabei and Taiyuan basins. Search a Great Wall Tour
Niangzi Guan Pass was the old Weize (weed pond) Pass but was renamed because of an interesting legend. It said that the pass was garrisoned by a group of women soldiers under the leadership of Princess Pingyang, the third daughter of the first Tang Emperor.
The lone remaining tower gate was from the Ming Dynasty. The north and south gates are still in good condition. The east gate was built with bricks and the south gate was constructed with stones.
Nianggziguan pass serves as a tourist attraction today. There are historical buildings clustered among beautiful springs and waterfalls.
- One-Day Great Wall Tours from $87*
- Include transport, entry, tour guide and lunch.
- 4-Day Essence of Beijing Tour A from $445*
- See the top sights of Beijing, including the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- 6-Day Great Wall Hiking Around Beijing Tour from $885*
- Includes Mutianyu, Gubeikou, Jinshanling, Simatai and Huangya Pass.
- 8-Day Essence of China Tour – Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai from $1463*
- See the top sights of China’s Golden Triangle, including the Great Wall at Mutianyu.
- more Great Wall Tours *Prices based on 2 persons