Guilin Travel Guide
- Chinese Name:桂林
- Chinese Pinyin: Guìlín
- Location:South China
- Latitude: 25° 16' N
- Longitude: 110° 17' E
- Elevation:150 M (492 FT)
- Area Code: 0773
- Population: 5 million
- Time Zone: (UTC+8)
Guilin's idyllic scenery draws millions of tourists from near and far every year. The primary industry of Guilin is tourism, so travelers feel well-catered-for and immediately relaxed in this small and quiet, but hugely popular city.
It is never far to the next colorfully named karst hills or charming vista. You will find a paradise to relax in and colorful minority culture to enjoy.
Guilin is a popular destination for second trip to China. Continue to read other popular second trip destinations in China.
- A tradition of tribute: Guilin's reputation as one of the world's most beautiful places has been established over hundreds of years by VIPs from poets to emperors.
- Best scenery in China: The popular Chinese saying "Guilin shanshui jia tian xia" means ‘Guilin’s mountain and water scenery is the best under heaven’.
- Guilin ranks fourth on China's list of the 10 best tourist destinations, after the "golden triangle" (Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai).
- The Li River, Guilin's most popular scenic area, was selected by National Geographic Magazine as one of the world's top ten watery wonders.
Guilin Travel Tips & Articles
Guilin Top Attractions
See How to Plan a Day in Guilin for some typical ways to combine Guilin's best sights.
The Li River, particularly between Guilin and Yangshuo, is one of the most beautiful sights on the planet. It is best experienced with a cruise or a leisurely hike along its banks.
Longsheng County boasts fantastic natural scenery with spiraling terraced rice fields, created about 800 years ago. It is famous for its ethnic villages in mountainous areas.
Top Guilin Tours
- 5-Day Guilin & Longji Minority Discovery Tour
- See the highlights of Guilin and pay a visit to the ethnic villages in Longji to experience the traditional lifestyle.
- 4-Day Guilin & Yangshuo Memories Tour
- Have a beautiful memory of traveling around beautiful Guilin and being intoxicated in poetic natural scenery in Yangshuo.
- 2-Day Group Tour in Sanjiang Dong Autonomous Country
- Visit the ancient minority buildings and the culture of Dong Minority in a large scale live-action performance.
We listed some tour packages for reference on our website, please click this link: http://www.chinahighlights.com/guilin/tours.htm
If you are interested in our service, please feel free to let us know your travel plan as below, our travel advisor will construct a private tour based on your need.
1. When will come to Guilin?
2. How long will you stay in Guilin?
3. Which kind of hotels do you prefer, 3,4 or 5 star?
4. Which atrractions are you interested in? Lussie Lu Replied on 01:58 AM Jul. 11 2013
Hi Joshua, how many people and what places you would like to visit, please?
Whitney Liao Replied on 01:35 AM May. 13 2013
Hi Banita, it would be our great pleasure to help plan your Guilin and Beijing tour. In order to quote the exact price, could you please let me know what kind of hotel you would like to stay in: 3/4/5 star?
Whitney Liao Replied on 05:09 AM May. 05 2013
Hi Faizah, we are based in Guilin. We can arrange all of these for you. Please let me know the number of people in your group. Then we will send you a quotation.
Whitney Liao Replied on 04:08 AM Mar. 11 2013
Hi Royhaini, the weather in Guilin during 22-30 March 2013 would be good, with a temperature of 12-18°C. A light coat and a long sleeve shirt or T-shirt would cope with it.
Yes, there are Muslim restaurants in Guilin. Our tour guide will show you there.
Whitney Liao Replied on 03:00 AM Mar. 07 2013