Top Things to Do in Guizhou
Located in Southwest China, Guizhou Province is a "natural park" with beautiful mountains and rivers, pleasant climate, multi minorities and unique ethnic customs. So visiting in Guizhou, one not only can have a rest with its culture and historical relics, and marvelous landscapes, but also can have a close counter with unique ethnic customs. Design your own Guizhou Trip to take in the top sights and activities in Guizhou.
Huangguoshu Waterfall is one of the largest waterfalls of Asia. Together with other 17 waterfalls, the grand waterfall group was apprised as the biggest one in the world by Guinness World Records. It is the only one waterfall can be enjoyed from top and bottom, left and right, and front and back.
- Chishui Grand Waterfall in Zunyi
- Longgong Cave in Anshun: a series of underground caverns which forms a huge network through 20 hills featured in-cave waterfall, stalactite, stalagmite, stone forest and other Karst landscape.
- There are many beautiful and unique natural scenery in China. Choose our Natural Scenery Tour to enjoy the magnificence with your own eyes!
As a multi-minorities province, there are many ethnic villages in Guizhou Province. Most of them are situated around the green mountains or by the crystal streams. Visiting these ethnic villages, one can enjoy the unique architectures built with woods, relish the distinctive local food, experience the ethnic customs, and relax in the nature.
- Matang Gejia Village in Kaili
- Basha Miao Village in Southeast Guizhou
- Chinese Ethnic Groups
- China Festival Tours: China is a country with many ethnic groups and a rich cultural heritage， and different ethnic group have their own minority festival.
- Check a Tour for Chinese Minority Discovery
Guizhou has a long history and splendid culture. Those historical relics record the developments in Guizhou and show the architectural features of different periods and minorities. Especially Zhenyuan ancient town in Kaili, a county formed in 202 BC during the Han Dynasty (202 BC–220 AD), has been given the title of “the Oriental Venice”.
- Hongfu Temple in Guiyang
- Dingping Wind and Rain Bridge in South Guizhou
- Zengchong Drum Tower in Southeast Guizhou
- Explore Ancient Towns in China
- Check the Exotic China Tours
Guizhou borders Yunnan Province, Sichuan Province, Hunan Province the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. After finishing a tour of Guizhou, travelers can take some onward tours around Guizhou.
Kunming City: As a historical and cultural city, Kunming is rich in tourist resources, including the trace of long history, the magic power of nature, and the particular ethnic customs. Check the attractions in Kunming.
I updated this article on May 12, 2013
See all my travel articles