Name: Chengdu (成都; Chéngdū (/chung-dew/)
Meaning: 'become a capital city'
Previous names: Daxu, Daxi
- Leisurely life pace and many parks and tea houses make it one of China's most livable megacities.
- An emerging city for international investment in western China.
- Home of Giant Pandas
- Panda: Panda Breeding and Research Center, Bifengxia Giant Panda Base
- Ancient: Wenshu Monastery, Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Dujiangyan Irrigation Project, Jinsha Ruins, Jinli Old Street, Wu Hou Temple, Wide and Narrow Alleys, Lizhuang Ancient Town, Wangjiang Pavilion Park, Qingyang Palace
- Museums: Sanxingdui Museum in Guanghan, Wenchuan Earthquake Museum
- Amusement: Chengdu Happy Valley, Chengdu Zoo
- Performance: Magical Face Change of Sichuan Opera
- Hiking and Natural: Qingcheng Mountain, Emei Mountain
- Most famous food: Sichuan hotpot. Sichuan cuisine is generally red hot and peppery or dry hot.
- Most popular souvenirs and local products: brocade, embroidery, silk prints, laquerware, Tibetan style ornaments, carvings, Sichuan opera masks.
A growing industrial city in the southwest of China.
- ~3000 BC: Just north of Chengdu, an unknown Bronze-age people constructed Sanxingdui and Jinsha
- 316 BC: The Qin Empire conquered the area
- 221 AD: The famous Liu Bei captured the city. It became the base for his empire in the Three Kingdoms era
- 1241: The Mongols captured Chengdu from the Song Empire
- 1949: The Communists captured the city from the Nationalist government
- Significance of city: It is the second largest city in the western part of China and one of the cities in China with the most potential for international investment in the 2010s
- Nearby cities: Chongqing (268 km/166 mi), Leshan (140 km/87 mi)
- Municipality terrain: plain with rivers
- Average altitude: 500 m (1,640 feet)
- Main rivers: Jin River and Funan River
- Municipality location: 30.47N to 31.01N, 103.42 to 104.35E; southwestern China.
- Municipality Population: (2010) 14,000,000
- Municipality Area: 12,132 sq km (4,684.2 sq mi)
- Metro area: 1,617 sq km (624.3 sq mi)
- Metro population: 6,730,749
- Metro population density: 4,162/sq km (10,781/sq mi)
- North to south distance: 166 km (103 mi)
- East to west distance: 192 km (119 mi)
- City center: Tianfu Square (30.65N, 104.06E)
- Highest recorded temperature: 40.0 °C (104 °F)
- Lowest recorded temperature: -5.9 °C (21 °F)
- Humid subtropical, annual precipitation: 918 mm (36 in)
- The climate is milder than in the large cities in central China and Chongqing.
- Average GDP (nominal): (2010) 43,417 RMB (6,442 USD)
- Development: developing; fast growing
- Industry: 50% tertiary industry (services), 45% secondary (automobile, electronics, construction), 5% primary (agriculture)
- CBD: 30.65N, 104.06E
- Shopping Streets: Chunxi Road
- Chendu Shuangliu International Airport served 25 million customers in 2010. It is China's sixth largest airport and important air transportation hub in western China.
- 1 north-south subway line with stations
- 2 main ring roads
- 4 train stations
- 1 high speed rail line to Dujiangyan
We can arrange a one day panda tour for you. You can clear panda’s house, feed them with fresh fruits and bamboo. In the panda center, if you denote CNY1300 for panda, you can hold panda baby for few seconds. The program is subject to change without notice and is totally dependent on the program of the day at the Panda Base. We can not guarantee that the programs listed above will be all provided.
I have emailed you the detail itinerary, please check it when you are free.Christy Luo Replied on 2013-11-16