10 Top China Tours from Beijing
Why Start Your China Tour from Beijing?
- Easy arrival: There are many flight choices for visitors from all continents, including over 120 destinations.
- Convenient hub: It is easy to travel by airplane or on a direct bullet train from Beijing to major destinations in China.
- Must-see destination: Ninety-nine percent of our customers visit Beijing to see the Forbidden City and the Great Wall.
How to Plan a China Tour from Beijing
Beijing Tour Plan
Three days are enough if you only want to see the essence of Beijing. A recommended itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1: Discover the Forbidden City and the hutongs.
- Day 2: Hike the Great Wall at Mutianyu and visit the Temple of Heaven.
- Day 3: Visit the Summer Palace.
From Beijing to the Next Destination
Our customers usually choose the following cities to visit after their Beijing tours:
- Xi'an: the Terracotta Army, the ancient city wall
- Zhangjiajie: Avatar Hallelujah Mountain
- Shanghai: the Bund, the modern metropolis of China
- Lhasa: the holy city in Tibet, Mount Everest
- Datong: the Yungang Grottoes, Hanging Monastery
Best China Tours from Beijing
We've handpicked 10 of the best China tours available from Beijing, based on tour features and previous customers' feedback. These are provided as inspiration and a possible framework for your own tailor-made China tour.
Tell us what you would like. Our dedicated one-to-one experts will customize any itinerary to suit your interests, tastes, and budget.
About China Highlights
Since 1959 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
My Beijing tour was AMAZING
My Beijing tour was AMAZING! I visited Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City [and Imperial Garden], The Temple of Heaven, The Great Wall (Day and night Tour) and finally the historic and breathtakingly beautiful Gubei Water Town. Thank you Chinahighlights for making my trip as enjoyable as possible and a huge THANK YOU to Yuan Yuan my tour guide, who was so informative, very patient and helpful and also incredibly funny! more