Based on 2 people private tour
This 13-day suggested itinerary covers different elements of China: the history, heritage sites, landscape, culture, and adorable giant pandas. It makes an ideal tour for first-time visitors who are panda fans or with children.
Enjoy all the classic wonders in Beijing, Xi'an, and Shanghai; relax on board of the Yangtze River cruise; treat yourself to the highlight of the tour — the one-day Panda Keeper Program at Dujiangyan Panda Base in Chengdu. Have a close encounter with the rare species rather than just taking a glance in a zoo.
- Our one-day Panda Keeper Program at Dujiangyan Panda Base in Chengdu offers a sweet memory of a lifetime
- Relax on the luxury Yangtze River cruise and see different scenery every day
- Be amazed at a less-crowded part of the Great Wall by combining effort-saving cable car rides with moderate hiking
- Discover more than the axis of the Forbidden City with your expert guide
- Meet the Terracotta Warriors and learn how to make clay warriors from local craftsmen in their traditional cave dwellings
- Explore the elegance of the Bund by entering old buildings that celebrities stayed in, e.g. Einstein.
- Entrance to attractions listed in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Private transfers between the airport or railway station, attractions, ports, and hotels
- Private local English-speaking tour guide and driver service (except tips based on your own discretion)
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast and service fee
- Specified flights, trains, and cruise
Extensions based on the tour
Extend the tour:
- Guilin and Yangshuo: add 3–4 days to enjoy the Li River cruise, karst landforms, and countryside scenery
- Suzhou and Hangzhou: add 2–3 days to visit scenic gardens, West Lake, and the water towns
- Hong Kong: add 2–3 days to visit Victoria Peak, Disneyland, and a day tour at Macau
Extras such as those below are not included in the itinerary or tour price, so you will need to pay separately. Ticket prices often depend on the seating arrangements. Ask your guide to book tickets if you want to see any of the following:
- Beijing — Legend of Kungfu Show
- Xi'an — Tang Dynasty Cultural Show, with or without the Dumpling Banquet
- Chengdu — Sichuan Opera including face-changing, taking photos with a panda at Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Yangtze Cruise — Excursion to Fengdu Ghost City and White Emperor City
- Shanghai — Chinese Acrobats Show
About the Panda Keeper Program
As the first tour company in China to operate the program, China Highlights has developed stable relationships with the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Sometimes the program is subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control. Usually we are able to get first-hand information that is very helpful for your tour arrangement. Your early booking (at least two weeks before departure) helps us to guarantee the availability of the program. Sometimes the activities listed in the description will be adjusted according to the health conditions of the pandas. Your kind understanding and cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Cuddle a Panda and Take Photos
A donation program that allows you to take pictures with a panda next to you for about a minute is not included in the Panda Keeper Program. It is only available in the Dujiangyan Panda Base and the donation expected is around 1,800 yuan per person (as of July 2015). Only 30 tourists are allowed to take close-up photos with the pandas each day.
Please take enough CNY cash with you, as payment by a non-Chinese credit card is not accepted there.
Trivia About Pandas
- A panda defecates 40 times a day.
- Pandas walk slowly but they can climb trees that are over 20 meters high. Their running speed is faster than Liu Xiang, the Chinese 110-meter hurdler.
- The biting force of pandas is next only to that of the polar bear.
- It costs as much as 100,000 yuan (US$16,260) per month to raise one panda.
More Trip Information
Want to learn more about this trip? Please click here to see details about traveling in China, booking, payment and responsible travel.