- Your Schedule
- Your Interests
- Your Hotel Tastes
Based on 2 persons & 4-star hotels
This 8-day suggested itinerary covers major popular destinations in China and makes an ideal tour for first-time visitors.
Discover imperial Beijing by entering the unbelievably huge Forbidden City; unveil the secrets of ancient Xi'an by listening to stories of the Terracotta Warriors; finish in Shanghai, where impressive modern skylines meet with old and traditional feng shui gardens.
Enjoy five Chinese World Heritage sites in 8 days. The essence of China is there to be discovered alongside the world phenomenon of "New China".
- Warm up with our exclusive, in-depth Forbidden City journey with our expert.
- Admire a less crowded part of the Great Wall as it snakes off into the distance.
- Taste crispy, succulent roast duck at the most famous restaurant — Quanjude.
- Gaze and be amazed as you are confronted by the Terracotta Warriors.
- Learn how to make clay warriors from local craftsmen in their cave dwellings.
- Taste the elegance of the Bund by entering old buildings, and learn about its history.
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide (per city)
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling
Extension based on the tour
Extend the tour:
- Yangtze River Cruise: add 4–5 days (Chongqing to Yichang or vice versa)
- Chengdu: add 2–3 days — visit a Panda research center, the Giant Buddha, and Mt. Emei
- Suzhou and Hangzhou: add 2–3 days — visit scenic gardens, West Lake, and water towns
- Hong Kong: add 2–3 days — visit Victoria Peak, Disneyland, and day tour Macau
It must be clearly understood that enjoying these extras is your own decision. They are not included in the itinerary or tour price, so you will need to pay separately. The ticket price depends on seating. Ask your guide to book tickets if you want to see any of the following.
- Beijing — Legend of Kungfu Show
- Xi'an — Tang Dynasty Cultural Show plus Dumpling Banquet
- Shanghai — Chinese Acrobats Show
More Trip Information
Want to learn more about this trip? Please click here to see details about traveling in China, booking, payment and responsible travel.