Based on 2 people private tour
This 8-day suggested itinerary covers major popular destinations in China and makes an ideal tour for first-time visitors.
Discover imperial Beijing by entering the unbelievably huge Forbidden City; unveil the secrets of ancient Xi'an by listening to stories of the Terracotta Warriors; finish in Shanghai, where impressive modern skylines meet with old and traditional feng shui gardens.
Enjoy five Chinese World Heritage sites in 8 days. The essence of China is there to be discovered alongside the world phenomenon of "New China".
- Warm up with our exclusive, in-depth Forbidden City journey with our expert.
- Admire a less crowded part of the Great Wall as it snakes off into the distance.
- Taste crispy, succulent roast duck at the most famous restaurant — Quanjude.
- Gaze and be amazed as you are confronted by the Terracotta Warriors.
- Learn how to make clay warriors from local craftsmen in their cave dwellings.
- Taste the elegance of the Bund by entering old buildings, and learn about its history.
- Entrance to attractions listed in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Private transfers between the airport or railway station, attractions, ports, and hotels
- Private local English-speaking tour guide and driver service (except tips based on your willingness)
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast and service fee
- Specified flights, trains, and Cruise
Extension based on the tour
Extend the tour:
- Yangtze River Cruise: add 4–5 days (Chongqing to Yichang or vice versa)
- Chengdu: add 2–3 days — visit a Panda research center, the Giant Buddha, and Mt. Emei
- Suzhou and Hangzhou: add 2–3 days — visit scenic gardens, West Lake, and water towns
- Hong Kong: add 2–3 days — visit Victoria Peak, Disneyland, and day tour Macau
It must be clearly understood that enjoying these extras is your own decision. They are not included in the itinerary or tour price, so you will need to pay separately. The ticket price depends on seating. Ask your guide to book tickets if you want to see any of the following.
- Beijing — Legend of Kungfu Show
- Xi'an — Tang Dynasty Cultural Show plus Dumpling Banquet
- Shanghai — Chinese Acrobats Show
More Trip Information
Want to learn more about this trip? Please click here to see details about traveling in China, booking, payment and responsible travel.