See the three major tourist cities of China with their highlights and no rush thanks to our 8-day, time-smart itinerary.
This is a private tour, optimized for you to enjoy every stop on your trip.
Enter the Forbidden City, where emperors ruled ancient China. Not only visit, but hike to explore, a world wonder — the Great Wall. Explore the majestic Temple of Heaven, where harmony becomes architecture. Discover the unbelievable buried Terracotta Warriors of Xi'an. Finish in Shanghai, where impressive modern skylines meet with old Fengshui Traditional Gardens.
You can travel the same destinations in three different styles. Which travel style meet your needs?
- Comfort Trip
- Discovery Trip
- Essential Trip
- Warm up with our exclusive, in-depth Forbidden City journey with our expert in history and architecture.
- Admire a less-crowded part of the Great Wall by combining effort-saving cable car rides and moderate hiking.
- Taste crispy, succulent roast duck at the most famous Peking duck restaurant — Quanjude.
- Gaze amazed, confronted by the Terracotta Warriors.
- Learn how to make Chinese dumplings at a hospitable local lady's home in Xi'an.
- Savor the modern and traditional cityscapes of Shanghai
Eight days of ancient culture and modern miracles. Have more personal touch with your guide and driver. The Essence of China is there to be discovered alongside the world phenomenon of "New China".Full Itinerary Expand All
With a sunny smile, your private guide will be on time and waiting for you at the arrival hall. A comfortable private car (non-smoking) & experienced driver are ready and will transfer you to the hotel. Get the first impression of China.
A Nightcap in your hotel or stroll around. You can easily find supermarket, local food restaurants near your central-located hotel.
- Entrance to attractions listed in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Private transfers between the airport or railway station, attractions, ports, and hotels
- Private local English-speaking tour guide and driver service (except tips based on your willingness)
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast and service fee
- Specified flights, trains, and Cruise
Extension based on the tour
Extend the tour:
- Yangtze River Cruise: add 4–5 days (Chongqing to Yichang or vice versa)
- Chengdu: add 2–3 days — visit a Panda research center, the Giant Buddha, and Mt. Emei
- Suzhou and Hangzhou: add 2–3 days — visit scenic gardens, West Lake, and water towns
- Hong Kong: add 2–3 days — visit Victoria Peak, Disneyland, and day tour Macau
It must be clearly understood that enjoying these extras is your own decision. They are not included in the itinerary or tour price, so you will need to pay separately. The ticket price depends on seating. Ask your guide to book tickets if you want to see any of the following.
- Beijing — Legend of Kungfu Show
- Xi'an — Tang Dynasty Cultural Show plus Dumpling Banquet
- Shanghai — Chinese Acrobats Show
More Trip Information
Want to learn more about this trip? Please click here to see details about traveling in China, booking, payment and responsible travel.