Muslims in China
Islam was introduced to China almost 1,400 years ago, and nowadays, China is home to a large Muslim population. Muslims live in every regions in China, with the highest concentration in Western China's Gansu, Xinjiang, Yunnan and Qinghai provinces. Of the 55 or so minority groups, about ten groups are classified as Muslim. The largest muslim groups are Hui and Uighurs. Read more on history of Islam in China.
Like Muslims elsewhere, Muslims in China celebrate their own holidays. All these holidays take place according to the Islamic calendar. The common celebrations includeperformances and worshipping at local mosques. See below for the most popular Islamic holidays.
Halal food is called Qing Zhen Cai /ching-jnn tseye/ (清真菜) in Chinese. It is the cuisine of the Hui and other Muslims in China. Halal food and Muslim restaurants can be found in cities and towns all over the country. Read more on Halal food in China
- Beijing Muslim Restaurants
- Guilin Muslim Restaurants
- Guangzhou Muslim Restaurants
- Shanghai Muslim Restaurants
- Xian Muslim Restaurants
- Muslim Restaurants in Major Cities
Mosques in China
Mosques first appeared in China almost 1,400 years ago. Now there are over 20,000 mosques all over the country. Read more on mosques in China
- Mosques in Beijing
- Mosques in Shanghai
- Mosques in Guangzhou
- Mosques in Xian
- Mosques in Hanzhou
- All Mosques in China
Beijing Niujie Mosque Muslim Tour
Make full use of your time in Beijing to explore the must-see highlights, the largest and oldest mosque in Beijing — Niujie Mosque, local markets and shops. Well-chosen Halal restaurants and Muslim hotels are included. See tour itinerary.
Beijing Badaling Great Wall Muslim Tour
The most famous tour sites in Beijing — the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Summer Palace, combined with the best-known mosque — Niujie Mosque. See tour itinerary
Hotels for Muslims
Questions and Answers About Muslims in China
Hi ayub, you amy consdier the visit to Guangzhou. For hotel in Guangzhou, please visit our website at http://www.chinahighlights.com/hotel/guangzhou-hotels/, for Guangzhou Halal Restaurants and mosque, visit : http://www.islamichina.com/guangzhou-halal-restaurants.html and http://www.islamichina.com/guangzhou-masjid.html
Simon Huang replied on 2013-11-18
Hanting Express hotel (Tianjin Jingwen Road),It is nearby the Great Mosque in Tian jin.
Lily Guo replied on 2013-10-20
Hi Fadi, we are more than pleased to help arrange your Xian tour. Would you please let me know:
1. When will you start the trip?
2. How long will you stay in Xian?
3. Besides Xian, any other places or cities you'd like to visit?
4. How many people will be traveling with you?Whitney Liao replied on 2013-04-07
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.