Mosques in Guangzhou
Guangzhou Huaisheng Mosque 广州怀圣清真寺
The Guangzhou Huaisheng Mosque is one of the oldest masques in China. It has a history of more than 1,500 years. The temple covers a total area of 3,000 square meters, including the constructed area of 1,553 square meters and the 400 square meters of main hall.
The major architectures are the main hall, moon building, east and west galleries, scripture-stored room, pavillion, Xuanli tower and other facilities. The main hall is located in the center of the courtyard. It is a classical architecture with brackets. In the bright hall, the decoration is simple and the floor is very clean. The Xuanli tower is a cylindrical shape and Arabic-style tower with 36 meters high.
Address: 6 Zhongshan Road, Guangta Street, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (广州市越秀区位于中山六路光塔街)
Guangzhou Xianxian Mosque 广州先贤清真寺
Guangzhou Xianxian Mosque is the largest worship place for Muslim people in Guangzhou. It was first built in the 3rd year (629) of Zhenguan, Tang Dynasty(618-907). The Masque covers an area of about 1,860 square meters including the constructed area of about 1077 square meters.
The Masque is a garden-style cemetery which was built to honor of 40 famous Arabic Muslim missionaries. The major architectures are the prayer hall, pavillion, wing-room and other facilities. The prayer hall is a two-floor building, which can hold 3000 people to do prayer. Most of the existing buildings in the temple are the architectural style of Ming Dynasty.
Address: 901 Jiefang North Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (广州越秀区解放北路901号) (see Guangzhou map)
Guangzhou Haopan Mosque 广州濠畔清真寺
The Haopan Mosque was recorded to be built in Ming Dynasty(1368-1644). It covers an area of 1,491 square meters. The temple is an architecture of Southern garden style. The major existing building are the main hall and the gate. The gate is facing to the south. The main hall, widening 18.8 meters and deepening 19.6 meters, is located in the west and opposite to the east.
Address: 378 Rennin Middle Road, Happen Street, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou (广州市越秀区人民中路濠畔街378号) (see Guangzhou map)
Guangzhou Xiaodongying Mosque 广州小东营清真寺
The Xiaodongying Mosque was first built in the Chenghua Period, Ming Dynasty(1368-1644). The mosque has a long history and has a fine cultural traditions. It has serviced as the place for church education and had set up the "Guangzhou Muslim YMCA", and provides the service of the funeral ceremony. The temple covers an area of 600 square meters including constructed 462 square meters. The prayer hall is a building of Chinese palace-style, which covers an area of 153 square meters. The mosque has100 households of Muslim people with a total population of about 300 people. They all are Hui people and follow the Gedi gift.
Address: Xiaodongying Street, Guanghzou (广东省广州市小东营街) (see Guangzhou map)