- China Tours +
- Create My Trip
- Destinations +
- Travel Guide +
- China Visas
- The Great Wall of China
- China’s Top 10 Attractions
- Giant Pandas
- The Terracotta Army
- Silk Road
- Best of China
- Culture +
- Asia Tours
- Day Tours
Grasp the opportunity to experience Shanghai for free! Enter before July 23th, 2019 for your chance to win a 2-Day Charming Shanghai and Watertown Tour, worth $786.
The prize is designed to take advantage of the 144-hour visa-free transit policy. If you want to unlock the story of Shanghai and enjoy a peaceful water town, enter now! Don't miss out on this opportunity.
1. The prize giveaway starts on June 25th, 2019 and ends on July 23th, 2019. The winner will be randomly picked and announced via email on July 26th, 2019.
2. To enter this prize giveaway entrants must enter a valid email address and name into the fields on https://www.chinahighlights.com/tour/shanghai-highlights.htm.
3. The prize (2-Day Shanghai and Zhujiajiao Water Town Tour) is for one adult aged 18 or over. The prize does not include international flights, domestic flights, travel insurance, visa costs, excursions not on the itinerary, personal spending money or any other items not explicitly mentioned in the itinerary. The Promoter (China Highlights) can customize the tour for the winner, at additional cost where applicable. There are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part. The prize is valid from July 1st, 2019 to April 30th, 2020. The tour must be confirmed by China Highlights at least 10 days prior to the departure date.
4. Prize giveaway entrants agree that by providing their email address they give permission to China Highlights to send newsletters, online advertising, and future correspondence via email. Entrants may unsubscribe at any time by clicking 'unsubscribe'. China Highlights reserves the right to deny any entries believed to be submitted through fraudulent means.
5. By entering this prize giveaway, entrants also agree to abide by the general terms as listed on the China Highlights website: https://www.chinahighlights.com/aboutus/terms.htm.
6. We recommend entrants follow China Highlights on Facebook to keep up to date with the prize giveaway.
7. If the winner is unable to take up the prize, the Promoter does not accept any liability.
Duration: 3 Hours+
Discover the story of Shanghai's rise to the skies…
Trace the clues starting from the Bund, where foreigners first landed in Shanghai hundreds of years ago. Each building tells a story of its golden age, and you will see features hidden in the buildings that highlight their age.
Wander through alleyways to get a glimpse of the locals' lives, and sit down for a break and enjoy some delicious Shanghai snacks. You will also have a chance to experience the most popular way to order takeout in China.
Try to fit on the public ferry among the crowds to cross the Huangpu River and slowly travel from old Shanghai to Shanghai's Pudong New Area.
Ascend the highest building in Shanghai — Shanghai Tower. You can enjoy seeing the Oriental Pearl TV Tower below you and get a bird's-eye view of the entire city.
Duration: 3 Hours+
If you are tired of eating hotel breakfasts and want to try something new, you must try this tour!
To have a great start to your day, your local guide will take you into the alleyways where you can search for the most popular local snacks that are only served for a few hours each day. Get ready to eat like a local!
You will have a chance to taste the local breakfast dishes known as the “Four Guardians”, which include four kinds of snack, and go to an old restaurant dating back to 1932 to taste a shengjian (pan-fried bun).
You will also have a chance to try some rice cake and a kebab.
Duration: 4 Hours+
At the edge of old Shanghai, there is an area that witnessed the survival of the faith of tens of thousands of Jews. It is called "Hongkew Ghetto" by Jews.
This area was like Noah's Ark for Jews during WWII, and it preserves the precious historical memories of what life was like for Jews in Shanghai at that time.
Follow your local guide to discover the memories of elderly Jews. You will also see exhibitions of historic items, visit original buildings that stood during WWII, and learn stories about the area's history.
Duration: 2 Hours
Indulge in an evening tour of bustling Shanghai in a private convertible jeep. You'll start at the iconic former French Club, where you'll enjoy the art deco heritage.
Then it's time to hit the road, taking in the views of the “must be seen by night” Huaihai Road.
After cruising through the Old City with its enchanting lit roofs, you'll be driven along the Bund to enjoy the view of the financial district's skyscrapers over the Huangpu River.
Take advantage of this picture-perfect location to raise a glass and have a sparkling wine toast to an unforgettable evening.
As you head back to People's Square, you'll view the sights along Nanjing Road and the bright golden roofs of Jing'an Temple before ending your evening at the Okura Garden Hotel Shanghai.
Duration: 3 Hours+
As the ancient "back garden of Shanghai", Hangzhou is filled with relaxing charm. The best way to enjoy this city is to follow the locals. As you walk with your local guide on the shores of West Lake, learn the story of an ancient Chinese foodie who invented the most famous dish in Hangzhou — Dongpo pork.
Taking a rowing boat is the most authentic way to enjoy West Lake's beauty. Chat with the boatman and find out the why Hangzhounese love the lake so much.
Then settle down to a G20 First Ladies Afternoon Tea prepared by us at Sofitel Hotel's sky garden, which offers a great view of the lake.
Paying with your face, riding a QR code bike, stores without a sales clerk, ambulances getting a green light all the way... these are daily life in Hangzhou. Journey with us and have your eyes opened by interesting stories about Jack Ma, the richest man in China, and how his company Alibaba changed Hangzhou.
"New retail" is a big trend in China. We will take you to a supermarket that sees absolutely no cash. Find out how commodities from all over the world be delivered to customers' hands in 30 minutes. You will also have a chance to use mobile payment to buy some snacks.
Duration: 3 Hours+
Meijiawu Tea Village is the place of origin of the best tea in China — West Lake Dragon Well tea. A local tea farmer will welcome you with traditional tea-pickers' bamboo baskets and hats and accompany you to the tea plantation.
You will first learn to choose appropriate tea leaves and pick them in the right way. After tea-picking, the tea farmer will show you the process of stir-frying tea. This process dehydrates the leaves and helps preserve their beautiful green color. Then learn the proper way to make a cup of tea.
After saying goodbye to the tea village, we'll drive to a local restaurant hiding in the tea plantation to enjoy some tea cuisine.