Restaurants for Children
In Shanghai, there are many restaurants decorated with childlike themes, such as Teddy Bear and Barbie. These restaurants are not only child-friendly, suitable for families with kids, they are also very popular among adults. The following restaurants are carefully selected and recommended by China Highlights.
It is located on the top floor of Barbie Shanghai. Barbie Shanghai is the first Mattel Barbie flagship store in the world, with the largest and most comprehensive collection of Barbie dolls and licensed barbie products. Its resturant is also the world’s first barbie-themed restaurant.
Guests will love the brand-new Barbie-themed dining experience and fun there created by celebrity chef David Laris. Everyone, both children and adults, will indulge in the perfect pink surroundings and have fun. It serves healthy, delicious and seasonal food and drinks.
- Chinese name: 芭比旗舰店餐厅
- Average price per person: 250 yuan
- Address: 550 Central Huaihai Road 淮海路550号
- Tel: (+86) 400-620-8181
- Getting there: Take subway line 1, get off at South Huangpi Road Station, use exit 3 (Madang Road), and walk 10 minutes towards west.
Teddy Bear Family Coffee and Restaurant
This restaurant offers southeast Asian food and afternoon tea. Almost every food has an image or theme about Teddy Bears, such as Teddy coffee and Teddy cookies. It is indeed a small world of Teddy Bears. The first floor is the exhibition area, and you can find various Teddy Bears (some are limited editions) that the restaurant owner collects from around the world. The second floor is the dining area, decorated like home, with Teddy Bear table cloths, old TV set, and picture frames. Another feature of the restaurant is that you can learn to make your own Teddy Bear there.
- Chinese name: 泰迪之家
- Average price per person: 100 yuan
- Address: 23 Tianzifang, 248 Alley, Taikang Road, Luwan District卢湾区泰康路248弄田子坊23号
- Tel: 021-64730645
- Getting there: Take subway line 9 and get off at Dapuqiao Station.
Buddy Bear Restaurant
This restaurant, catering to children aged 1 to 12, is more like a fairy world. There is a big pirate ship once you step inside the restaurant. Children play happily there, and there are special attendants. The decoration is lovely, with themes of bears everywhere, and the atmosphere is merry because there are magic shows, story-telling, and some other performances. Children can also learn to make their own bears at the restaurant.
- Chinese name: 芭迪熊主题餐厅
- Average price per person: 50 yuan
- Address: 6th floor, Times Square, No 2, Zhangyang Road, Pudong District 浦东新区张杨路500号华润时代广场6楼
- Tel: 021-58368611
- Getting there: Take subway line 2, get off at Dongchang Road Station, and use exit 3
The logo of this restaurant is "I Love Eggs". It serves simple Japanese-style meals and various flavors of omelet rice (蛋包饭, pronounced as dan bowl fan). Soups, spaghetti, coffee and desserts are also available. The restaurant décor is refreshing and adorable like a cartoon land, and with main colors of white and yellow; the light bulbs and even the chairs look like eggs.
- Chinese name: 蛋蛋屋
- Average price per person: 40 yuan
- Address: B2, Cloud Nine Shopping Mall, No 1018, Changning Road, Changning Street 长宁区长宁路1018号龙之梦购物中心B2楼
- Tel: 021- 33727079
- Getting there: Take subway line 2, 3, or 4, and get off at Zhongshan Park Station
- Things to do with Kids in Shanghai
- Tips for traveling with kids in China
- China Family Tours
- Customize a China Tour
Questions and Answers About Restaurants for Children
I updated this article on January 14, 2013
See all my travel articles
- Things to Do
- Top Reasons to Visit
- Top Things to Do
- Things to Do With Kids