Zhangjiajie is located at a north middle latitude, which gives the area a temperate climate. Temperatures rarely exceed 37 °C (98 °F) or fall below 4 °C (39 °F). The average annual temperature is around 16 °C (61 °F) and rainfall is fairly well distributed throughout the year. Zhangjiajie, in central Asia, sits within the continental tropical monsoon climate zone known for its humidity. This zone experiences clear distinctions between the four seasons and provides a comfortable climate for tourists. The best time to visit Zhangjiajie is between April and October, and the best attractions to see during this period are Jinbian Brook, Tianzi Mountain, and Yuanjiajie, which are all located in Zhangjiajie national park. We recommend that you spend at least two days to tour them all.
The average temperature in Zhangjiajie during the spring is 18 °C (64 °F), so long sleeves with a jacket and jeans are suggested. People say that it is sprintgime in Zhangjiajie all year around.
Summer is cool in Zhangjiajie, with an average temperature of around 27 °C (81 °F). The forest in Zhangjiajie national park releases 8,660 cubic meters of oxygen every day during the summer, so you’ll be breathing the cleanest air in the world.
Like other attractions, the best times to visit Zhangjiajie are the summer and autumn, but we suggest that you avoid the Labor Day holiday (1st May~7th May) and the National Day holiday (1st October~7th October). During these times, many Chinese tourists visit Zhangjiajie and Fenghuang, and the prices for tours and hotels increase by 50%~100%.
The average temperature in Zhangjiajie during the autumn is 20 °C (68 °F), so bring a light sweater and trousers.
Winter in Zhangjiajie is cold. The average temperature is 4.3 °C (40 °F), and sometimes it gets very windy. We suggest that you bring a coat and an umbrella.
Zhangjiajie Climate Information by Month
- Zhangjiajie Weather in January
- Zhangjiajie Weather in February
- Zhangjiajie Weather in March
- Zhangjiajie Weather in April
- Zhangjiajie Weather in May
- Zhangjiajie Weather in June
- Zhangjiajie Weather in July
- Zhangjiajie Weather in August
- Zhangjiajie Weather in September
- Zhangjiajie Weather in October
- Zhangjiajie Weather in November
- Zhangjiajie Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Zhangjiajie Weather
Hi MK, I suggest that you book or purchase the tickets in advance. There may not be enough tickets left after you arrive in Guangzhou.Whitney Liao replied on 2012-11-22
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on September 3, 2012
See all my travel articles