Hangzhou Weather in January
Hangzhou is in the peak of a freezing winter during January. The weather is freezing, humid, and windy, with occasional snows. The lowest temperature may drop to zero degrees Celsius (32 °F) or even lower.
Warm clothes are essential such as a down coat, thick trousers, a hat, and gloves, Also, remember to bring an umbrella as it rains a lot during this month.
Travelers to Hangzhou in the winter are probably lucky to see the scenery. Melting snow on Broken Bridge, one of the most famous ten scenes of West Lake, only appears after a snow.
The Chinese New Year may take place in late January or early February. The New Year travel season, around 40 days, begins 25 days before the festival and is the busiest travel time of the year. Travelers are advised to avoid visiting China during this period. However, this is the best time to see authentic Chinese culture, as there are many cultural activities in most cities. If you plan to travel, arrange your tours months in advance. See China Highlights’ Hangzhou tours.
Hangzhou Climate Information by Month
- Hangzhou Weather in January
- Hangzhou Weather in February
- Hangzhou Weather in March
- Hangzhou Weather in April
- Hangzhou Weather in May
- Hangzhou Weather in June
- Hangzhou Weather in July
- Hangzhou Weather in August
- Hangzhou Weather in September
- Hangzhou Weather in October
- Hangzhou Weather in November
- Hangzhou Weather in December
Questions and Answers About Hangzhou Weather in January
- Send your inquiry before Apr. 30, 2014, and we will email you a $25 coupon.
- The coupon is valid till Dec. 31, 2014, for paying tour packages worth $250 or up.
- The coupon cannot be used for paying flight tickets, train tickets, hotel rooms and day trips.
I updated this article on March 23, 2014
See all my travel articles