Datong Railway Station
- Chinese Name: 大同站
- Address: No.1 Zhanqian Road, Datong
- Chinese Address: 大同市站前街 1 号
Datong Railway Station is an important transportation hub that connects Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei Province, Shanxi Province, and the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Regions. There are five major double-track electrified railways, the Beijing-Baotou Railway, the Beijing-Yuanping Railway, the Datong-Zhangjiakou Railway, the Datong-Qinhuangdao Railway, and the Beitongpu Railway. The station also has more than 40 other branch lines and access rail lines. Bullet train lines are under construction or planned between Datong and Xian and Beijing. The station is on the International Railway line to Moscow. This web-like network of railways connect the northern and northwestern parts of China.
- Beijing-Baotou line (Beijing - Zhangjiakou - Datong - Jining - Hohhot - Baotou)
- Datong-Qinhuangdao line (Datong - Qinhuangdao)
- Beijing-Yuanping (Beijing - Datong Lingqiu - Yuanping)
- Tongpu line (Datong - Yuncheng)
- International Railway (Beijing - Datong - Jining - Erlianhaote - Ulaanbaatar - Moscow)
- Yungang line (Datong - Yungang)
- Datong-Zhungeer line (Datong – Zhungeer)
- Datong-Xi'an (Datong - Xi'an)
Transportation to Datong Railway Station
Bus: Passengers can take Bus No.1, No.2, No. 4, No. 8, or No. 32 from the railway station to Datong City.
Taxi: Initial fare is 5 or 6 RMB, and then 1.2 RMB per kilometer.
From Datong Railway Station to Pingyao Railway Station
One K-train and three slow trains are available to enjoy an ancient city journey. The ticket price for the K-train is 69 RMB for a hard seat and 130 RMB for a hard sleeper. The tickets for the slow trains are a little cheaper at 61 RMB for a hard seat, 122 RMB for a hard sleeper, and 186 RMB for a soft sleeper.
Some of these trains depart early in the morning; therefore, you should be careful not to miss them.
From Datong Station to Pingyao Station…
From Datong Railway Station to Beijing
Datong Station is linked to Beijing Station, Beijing West Station, and Beijing North Station by K-, T-, and slow trains. The train journey between the two cities takes between 6 and 7 hours. The ticket fare is approximately 45 RMB to 53 RMB for a hard seat, 99 RMB to 107 RMB for a hard sleeper, and 138 RMB to 158 RMB for a soft sleeper.
The following table compares T, K, and slow services:
From Datong Station to Beijing…
|K574||Beijing West||03:07||09:10||6h 3min|
|1456||Beijing North||12:43||20:05||7h 22min|
From Datong Railway Station to Yungang Grottoes
Datong Station provides easy access to the AAAAA scenic area and Yungang Grottoes by bus. Bus 4, via the Four Bus Company, can be taken to the terminal, and then bus 3 can be taken to the Yungang Grottoes. The whole journey will take about two hours and cost 2 RMB.
Datong Railway Station Special Tips
- To book tickets through the phone service, first pay for the ticket through a bank, and then the staff will help reserve your ticket or deliver the ticket to you.
- All the railway stations around the country are connected, so you can book the ticket you need from anywhere
- Telephone booking requires an extra 5 RMB per ticket. To get delivery to your door add 15 RMB (delivery service is only available in the city).
Special Service on Datong Railway Station
Passenger shipping: luggage and parcel shipping service.
Cargo shipping: delivering cargo carloads, containers, and cargo security.
Datong Railway Station Destinations:
From Datong Railway Station to…
|K573||Dongsheng West||20:54||10:09||13h 15min|
|K731||Guangzhou East||14:19||05:15||38h 56min|
|Other trains||4629||Shuozhou||07:10||09:11||2h 1min|
|6088||Zhangjiakou South||07:38||11:25||3h 47min|