Greatwall Day Trips
VIP Great Wall Hiking Tours with Small Groups (No Shopping!)
- For the first-time visitor to Beijing, who wants to see most highlights of the Great Wall in a time-saving manner, without too much exertion, the Great Wall at Mutianyu is probably the best choice.
US$ 89 More Details
- This moderately challenging, 3-hour hike offers breathtaking views of the Great Wall from Simatai West to Jinshanling, snaking along the ridge of the mountains, taking you through crumbling, ancient watch towers along the way.
US$ 119 More Details
- Challenge the most precipitous Jiankou section of the Great Wall, wild, weathered and primitive which takes about 5 hours to complete a distance of 10 km (6 miles) from Jiankou section to Mutianyu section.
US$ 139 More Details
Great Wall Coach Tours
- On this full-day Beijing tour, you will see two of the most popular attractions in China: the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall and the Ming Tombs.
US$ 27 More Details
- You will explore two must-see, world-famous attractions in China: the Badaling Great Wall and the Ming Tombs.
US$ 24 More Details
- If you are looking for breathtaking views of the Great Wall and a relatively peaceful walk, then the Jinshanling Section of the Great Wall Beijing Day Tour is just for you.
US$ 46 More Details
Popular Great Wall Sections in Beijing
Mutianyu Great Wall Section
Architectural features: Complete wall, most watch towers on the shortest section, and fortified passes. This area is a reconstruction but done very well.
Mutianyu is the most popular attraction in Beijing on Trip Advisor, and most recommend section with international travelers, guidebooks and travel bloggers. It is less crowed than Badaling and Juyongguan sections. Winding on the high mountains and lofty hills, the Mutianyu Section of the Great Wall features a great deal of historical, architectural, and military significance.
Badaling Great Wall Section
Architectural features: Winding and zigzagging on “gentle” slopes
Badaling is a contender for the top tourist location in China. It is popular with domestic Chinese tourists mainly because Chairman Mao visited this section and gave a famous speech. It was the first selection of the Great Wall to be opened to the public as a tourist attraction. Numerous international and domestic dignitaries have visited the Badalling Section of the Great Wall including Deng Xiaoping, President Nixon, and Margaret Thatcher.
Jishanling Great Wall Section
Architectural features: An original section with a series of watchtowers and peculiar structures
The Great Wall at Jinshanling was first built in the North Qi Dynasty (550–557). You can still find the ruins of the wall from this period. This section of the Great Wall is situated on the ’Golden Mountains’. It is one of the best places for Great Wall hiking.