As the ancient capital of 13 imperial dynasties, Xi'an's size equals 13 times that of New York and six times that of London with a population that's about twice the size of Sydney's. It looks like a modern city but its real beauty lies in the unparalleled historical and cultural atmosphere.
With 20+ years' tour planning experience, we understand that attractions are important but insider's perspective and personal experiences bring you more sweet memory. Start planning with your Xi'an expert travel advisor, explore Xi'an with your local guide to unveil secrets of the city day by day.
Best Private Xi'an Tours (Classic Itineraries)
These are the most popular Xi'an itineraries for visiting the classic sights. Similar itineraries never mean the same experience. Instead of just show you around, we create unique Xi'an experiences: interactions with local people and culture.
- Explore top 3 things to do on tripadvisor in one day
- Book limited tickets in advance to save your time
- Get insight explanation from professional local guide
- Taste local snacks and the flavor of life in the Muslim Quarter
- Discover 7 must-see attractions
- Meet terracotta warriors from 2,200 years ago
- Make your own terracotta warriors in a cave dwelling
- Dress like an ancient Chinese
- Take food challenge at Muslim Quarter
- Stand on the top of Mt Hua, Taoism's sacred mountain
- Unveil secrets of the Terracotta Army
- Cycle on the Ancient City Wall
- Enjoy ancient architecture at Big Wild Goose Pagoda
- Ride on a fast and comfortable bullet train
- Admire the Terracotta Warriors
- Taste exotic atmosphere at Muslim Quarter
- Walk or ride a bike along the Ancient City Wall
Multi-Destinations Private Tours Including Xi'an
- Have fun at sultry night of Xi'an
- Enjoy amazing sunset on the Great Wall
- Experience new fishing way in paddy field
- Discover Shanghainese secret-recipe summer dishes
- Meet the Terracotta Army and make a mini warrior.
- Hike along the most photogenic section of the Great Wall.
- Challenge yourself on the Zhangjiajie Grand Canyon Glass Bridge.
- Cycle in the most beautiful countryside of Yangshuo.
Spotlight Experiences to Enrich Your Xi'an Tour
We believe an authentic travel experience goes beyond visiting the must-see attractions. We enable you to immerse yourself in local traditions and life. The four experiences listed below give you an idea of what it would be like if you travel with us. Treat them as inspiration — we are here to help you create your own Xi'an experience.
About China Highlights
Since 1998 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Xian 2022 Trip
Went on a family vacation to Xian and thanks to #chinahighlights my kids and I had a truly enjoyable time. #Christy arranged our tour and #Helen was our tour guide. #Helen did a great job of leading us around the Muslim Quarter, the Terra-cotta Warriors, walking up the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, bell and drum towers, riding on the Xian city wall, visiting the Shaanxi History Museum and watching the Legend of the Silk Road show. She was especially knowledgeable of the areas history. The kids and I enjoyed the paper cutting and making terra-cotta warriors out of clay activities as well as watching the Shadow Puppet Show. Despite the COVID restrictions and excessive bureaucracy that now exists for foreigners traveling in China, #Helen did a great job meeting the unique needs of my family and I highly recommend her services. more