Discover Shanghai, a booming megalopolis blending the East and West, and ancient times with modernity. The 144-hour visa-free transit policy makes Shanghai a more convenient destination for transiting and short-stay passengers.
We design tours from Shanghai to the Yellow Mountains, Suzhou, Hangzhou, and nearby water towns, all of which can be completed within 6 days. Each tour can be tailored to match your dates and interests. We are all about "Discovery Your Way!"
Best Private Shanghai Tours
These are the most popular Shanghai itineraries for visiting the classic attractions. Similar itineraries never mean that you'll have the same experiences — unlike other travel agencies that just show you around, we create unique Shanghai experiences that allow you to interact with the local people and culture.
- See old and new Shanghai via an in-depth Bund exploration tour.
- Relax in a rowing boat in a water town.
- Enjoy Suzhou's UNESCO gardens.
- Experience moxibustion in Tongli Water Town.
- Get close to the world's leading drone.
- Enjoy a meal in a restaurant where you are served by robots.
Tours from Shanghai
Shanghai is a major gateway city to most tourist cities in China. Convenient transportation including flights and bullet trains means it is very easy to access other cities. See our five most popular tours from Shanghai below.
- Secret Ingredient of Porcelain
- Porcelain Making Experience
- Be a Hangzhouness and pick tea leaves for one day.
- Enjoy a cultural experience in Nanxun Water Town.
- Explore a Suzhou garden at night and enjoy cultural performances.
- Experience a tea farmer's life in Hangzhou
- Enjoy sunset and sunrise from the best locations on the mountains.
- Relax and feel refreshed at Huangshan Hot Spring.
- Skiing Slopes at Your Doorsteps
- Relaxing Hot Spring
- Walk on the less crowded Great Wall section.
- Explore the emperors' lives in the Forbidden City.
- Hollywood of China
- Ancient Costume Dress Up
- Rafting in a Valley
- Cliff Swing
- Sand Sledding and Dune Bashing
- Wine Tasting
Shanghai Layover Tours and Excursions
Shanghai is a main transit city for global flights and it has several international cruise ports. Utilize your layover time with a city excursion. Here are two popular tours.
- Utilize your limited time
- Explore the highlights of Shanghai
- Specially designed for a cruise excursion
- Private transfer between the city and the cruise port.
- City exploration — discover how the old meets the new.
- Create happy family memories at Shanghai Disneyland.
Spotlight Experiences to Enrich Your Shanghai Tour
We believe an authentic travel experience goes beyond visiting the must-see attractions. We enable you to immerse yourself in local traditions and life.
About China Highlights
Since 1959 we've guided everyone ranging from US presidents, Australian Geographic and retired backpackers. Our goal is to create unique trips that take you off-the-beaten path, helping you discover China in a more authentic way. Our motto: "Discovery Your Way!"
Our family trip to China ended with a couple of days in historical Shanghai. We loved seeing and visiting the historic centers, traveling up the Shanghai Tower, eating delicious dumplings, and visiting the best Chinatown we have ever experienced. Our guide, Quing Quing, and driver Ken were fantastic, informative, professional and fun. Quing Quing even took us to experience the marriage market where Chinese parents try to help their children find potential mates after we expressed that it would be an interesting thing to see. Quing Quing, her American name is Clair, is an excellent and vivacious tour guide. Ask for her when you book with China Highlights you will be in good hands. --Inspire819460 more