Chongqing North Station
- Chinese Name: 重庆北
- Address: Kunlun Road, Yubei District in Chongqing
- Chinese Address: 重庆市渝北区龙头寺昆仑大道
Chongqing North Railway Station is primarily in charge of the Yu-Huai Railway and the Suining-Chongqing Railway. It handles about 40 passenger trains on average daily, including various types of passenger trains. These include inexpensive bullet trains to Chengdu that take about two hours to arrive.
All the trains running on the Yu-Huai Railway depart from and stop in Chongqing North Railway Station. Trains heading towards the north can pass on to An Kang, Xi'an, Xiangfan, Beijing, and other places. Trains heading towards the west can pass through Suining-Chongqing Railway and Dazhou-Chengdu Railway on to Chengdu. Trains heading towards the east can go through Hunan Huaihua Railway Station and arrive in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Shanghai, Changsha, and other places.
Chongqing North Railway Station Overview
There are three railway stations in Chongqing City: Chongqing Railway Station (Caiyuanba), North Railway Station (formerly known as the Longtou Temple Station), and South Railway Station (Jiulongpo). Chongqing has five major railway lines: the Chengdu-Chongqing railway, the Sichuan-Guizhou railway, the Xiangyu railway, the Yuhuai railway, and the Suining-Chongqing Railway. There is another minor line also: the Daiwang Railway that goes to the Three Gorges Reservoir Area. The first three major lines pass through the Chongqing Railway Station in the center of the city. The last two railways (Yuhuai and Suining-Chongqing) go through the Chongqing North Railway Station. From either station, you can travel all over China.
Of the three train stations, the stations with the most passengers are the Chongqing Railway Station and the North Railway Station. The former is an old railway station located in the Yuzhong District of Chongqing City. Right next to the Chongqing Railway Station is the Caiyuanba Bus Station that has the most routes in Chongqing City. However, the disadvantage is that the area is not as modern. On the other hand, the North Railway Station is located in the Yubei District of Chongqing City, and it is newly built. The surroundings are much better than that of the Chongqing Railway Station. Moreover, its facilities are better. From the North Railway Station, you can catch bullet trains that go to Chengdu. However, the flaw in all the perfect things is that the North Railway Station is far away from the main city.
Chongqing North Railway Station, formerly known as the Longtou Temple Station, was opened in 2006 when the Yuhuai railway line officially started in service. At present, in the Shapingba Station, there are only a small number of terminals available for the trains from Chongqing Railway Station to stop. Chongqing North Railway Station and Chongqing Railway Station can both sell the tickets of the other station, and require no service fees for doing this. Passenger transport tickets can also be bought from Shapingba Station, but only CRH tickets (for bullet trains) are available during busy periods.
At present, the Chongqing North Railway Station is not open all day. The first bullet train leaves for Chengdu at 8:00 AM. The last train at night is the fast train departing to Hangzhou at 23:59 in the evening.
Transportation to Chongqing North Railway Station
- Several buses are available from the main part of Chongqing to the North Railway Station: No. 105, 168, 202, and 419.
- An underground tunnel connects directly with the light rail station where passengers go on light rail Line 3 (under construction) to Jiaochangkou and the Jiangbei Airport.
- A long-distance bus station is also located at the ground floor of the station for convenience.
Chongqing North Railway Station Special Tips
- You can take bus No. 419 from the square in front of the Caiyuanba Railway Station to the Chongqing North Railway Station.
- Caiyuanba Railway Station and Chongqing North Railway Station sell the tickets of the other station as well. This means that you can buy the tickets of all the trains departing from the Chongqing North Railway Station at the Caiyuanba Railway Station and vice versa.