The China Highlights Eco Day Program
Based on honesty, integrity and flexibility, China Highlights is proud to be a company that pays close attention to our planet and practices corporate social responsibility.
We launch the Eco Day Program to invite our customers to join in. One step, makes difference.
Why We Have Launched an Eco Day Program
Transportation is one of the largest sources of emissions that contribute to air pollution and global warming. As a good environment is what the tourism industry relies on, China Highlights would like to tackle the issue of vehicle emissions as a part of our corporate social responsibility. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, both on our trips and in our offices.
We are launching our Eco Day Program to encourage our customers to use public transport on city tour days for reasonable distances.
According to your needs, the distances, and the weather etc. on that day, your guide may choose taking bikes, the subway, buses, or walking. In this way, you will not only be making efforts towards environmental protection, but also get a deeper insight into local people's lives.
Our Car Emission Calculator
For your reference: the average distance traveled on a city tour of Beijing or Shanghai is about 70-80 km a day, about 10 litres petrol are needed and for Xi'an and Guilin it is 50-60 km a day, about 8 litres petrol are needed.
Using one day public transportation equals planting 3-4 trees on the planet.
Your Reward for Participating
Customers will get 100 USD cash (or 650 RMB) as reward.
Customers can choose to take the reward, or pass to your friends' China trip or donate it to panda preservation work at Dujiangyan Panda Base.
How to Take Part in Our Eco Day Program
- Your guided itinerary must be 7 days or longer to qualify for the cash reward.
- When booking, you can opt to use public transport for a day in the cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, or Guilin. Public transport includes buses, the subway, or bikes. Taxis or e.g. Uber taxis are excluded.
- When you finish the Eco Day Program, your guide will present you with your 100 USD cash reward, together with a certificate of appreciation. You can choose to take the reward or donate it to Dujiangyan Panda Base.
- If your tour is shorter than 7 days, you can still take part in the program, and you will receive a certificate of appreciation, but no cash reward.
What to Bear in Mind
- Taking part in our Eco Day Program is a good way to experience real local life by using public transport. However, compared with using a private car, you may encounter inconveniences, such as crowds, some stairs at subway stations, or unpleasant weather (e.g. hot/cold or rainy days).
- Taking comfort and safety into consideration, we do not recommend you to choose the Eco Day Program if you have difficulty walking, or if you have young children.
- If you are interested in the program, your travel advisor will arrange suitable public transport for your itinerary. For your convenience, if you would like to give up on the Eco Day Program, due to atrocious weather or any other reason, your guide will arrange taxis for you for the day. However you will not qualify for the reward.
- If you choose to use public transport in more than one city, or on more than one day, the maximum reward is still 100 USD (or 650 RMB).
Eco Day Program Photos and Videos
Here we show photos and videos of customers taking part in Eco Day Programs and China Highlights staff using public transport.