Five thousand years of Chinese culture and history come alive. What was it like to be the emperor? How did the emperor spend his summer holidays (before the days of China Highlights)? What was it like to be an ordinary citizen in Beijing?
Explore the emperors'Forbidden City, visit the iconic Temple of Heaven, and relax at the Summer Palace. Take a rickshaw ride through the hutongs. Walk along the Great Wall and savor the flavor of a Beijing roast duck.
- Skip the lines at the famous Forbidden City.
- Enjoy a home-visit to a traditional hutong courtyard house, imagine life in old-time Beijing.
- Discover the beliefs and worship practice of Chinese emperors at the Temple of Heaven.
- Explore the most beautiful section of the Great Wall, where with fewer tourists
- Imagining how the emperor spent his summer holidays at the Summer Palace.
- Enjoy an authentic Beijing roast duck dinner in a time-honored brand restaurant.
Your private guide will be ready to meet and greet you at the arrivals hall. A comfortable private car (no-smoking) with an experienced driver will transfer you directly to your hotel, where your guide will help you to check-in.
Free time suggestion:
The Legend of Kung Fu Show is a mix of traditional martial arts and modern theatre. Presenting stunning Kung Fu skills, exquisite ballet and music, this beautiful story no doubt has become the most loved Kung Fu show in China. The Red Theater is the place to see the performance. Just ask your guide, and he/she will help you obtain tickets.
Our Service Includes:
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches/dinner ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling
The price for reference is based on the following included hotel. We are happy to adjust the hotel according to your preference.
- Very central location, 15 minutes walk to the Forbidden City
- Member of Accor Group, ensuring standard Western service
- Wins Certificate of Excellence of Tripadvisor
- Surrounded by touring conveniences, Member of Intercontinental Group
- Ranked 3/6561 of Beijing hotels on TripAdvisor
- About 5 km (3 mi) from the Forbidden City
- Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World
A. You can decide to start the tour later or earlier during your stay in Beijing according to your arrival or departure flight.
B. You can decide to spend more time in the attractions you like and less time in other attractions, and do the trip without rushing.
We offer two alternative choices on Day3, Please let us know in advance if you prefer option 2.
Option 1: visit the Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall at Mutianyu with a round-trip cable car.
Option 2: A day's Great Wall hiking tour at Jinshanling (3 hours, 6km).
A. You can order the dishes as you like in our selected local restaurants as all the included meals are à la carte, while the group tours only offer set menu without any choice.
B. In order to cater for the interests of different customers, we have selected many great restaurants for the included meals, and we could provide various options, such as vegetarian, Muslim, Chinese and Indian restaurants. We are very happy to include your special requests on our reservation form when booking the tour for you.