2-Day Great Wall Mutianyu-Simatai Day-Night Tour
- Your Schedule
- Your Interests
- Your Hotel Tastes
The price is based on 2 persons private tour sharing 4-star hotel room.
Mutianyu is the best fully-restored section of the Great Wall with convenient access from Beijing. Simatai is the most spectacular wild section of the Wall. An overnight stay in a resort hotel at Gubei Water Town will provide you with the opportunity to have a relaxing night tour of this Great Wall section.
This trip is specially designed for people who want to see the best highlights of the Great Wall and have a different experience, but without spending too much time.
- Enjoy picturesque scenery and restored architecture at the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall
- Enjoy stunning night views of the tastefully-lit Simatai section of the Wall
- Have a unique experience of the Wall, seeing its day and night views at different sections
According to your pre-arranged schedule, your private guide will be waiting for you at the airport, train station, or in your hotel lobby. A comfortable vehicle with an experienced driver will be ready to take you to explore the Great Wall.
It takes about 2 hours from Beijing to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Mutianyu is recommended for family tours and for customers who are tight on time, due to the ease of the walk, and the proximity to Beijing.
In order to save time, we arrange a round-trip cable car for ascending and descending the Wall. At the Wall, you will have some free time to walk around and take pictures. If you are keen on hiking, "the golden route" between the 14th and 23rd watch towers is highly recommended. It normally takes about 2 hours (2-3 km) to complete the walk.
You will be free to explore the Wall easily on your own, after your guide has offered some introductory explanations. The cable car ascends to and descends from tower 14. After exploring, go on down and take a bus to transfer back to our vehicle.
Have a rest and enjoy a delicious lunch at our selected local restaurant.
After lunch, make a 2-hour transfer to Gubei Water Town. Check in to your hotel and have some time for a rest.
Your guide will accompany you on the cable car up to the Great Wall at Simatai to see the sunset, before waiting until dark to enjoy the stunning night views.
Today you can enjoy a lie in. After breakfast, take a hot spring bath or walk around the water town. Situated north of Miyun County in Greater Beijing, Gubei Water Town surrounds a beautiful Lake Reservoir and leans against the Great Wall at Simatai.
It boasts a combination of mountains, water and ancient villages. Most buildings have been reconstructed in the traditional courtyard style. Built around five ancient villages and a water resource, this water town has developed into a sightseeing and holiday destination.
Check out of your hotel at noon, before a hot-pot lunch in the town.
After lunch, we will transfer you back to your hotel in Beijing. If you need to catch a flight or a train after the tour, we’ll be more than happy to help you arrange this.
Our service includes:
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling
The itinerary price includes a 5-star resort hotel for your reference, however there are alternative options.
- Located in Gubei Water Town
- Comfortbale room with full breakfast, convenient for a night experience at Simatai
- In a beautiful riverside location in Gubei Water Town
- Big beautiful room with first-class accessories, convenient for a night experience at Simatai
- Located at the base of the Simitai section of the Great Wall
- Big beautiful room with great views of the Great Wall. The hotel’s restaurant is the best in the water town.
Suggested Activity to Enrich Your Tour
Would like to make your tour more unique? Why not enrich your tour with our exclusive activities. Feel free to get your personal travel expert add it for you.
It's about an hour drive out of Beijing to get to Nanshan. Nanshan Ski Resort is the perfect day trip for visitors and residents of Beijing alike. In addition, the recent announcement of Beijing hosting the 2022 Winter Olympics has spurred on Nanshan Ski Resort to undertake major renovations, making it one of the best equipped ski resorts in China.