The Best of Chengdu
One Day Chengdu Panda and Sichuan Cuisine Tour
- Meet pandas with a smart route
- See baby pandas in late summer before October
- Take up a food challenge at the city's last farmers' market
- Step into an experienced chef's kitchen and cook real Sichuan cuisine together
- Get a taste of local life and have fun playing mahjong
Visiting the city’s panda base can be a challenge as it is easily accessible and has various animals. We’ve designed a smart route to beat the crowds while matching the pandas’ active period as much as possible for you.
If you travel in late summer, you will have a chance to see baby pandas.
Chengdu was named as the first city of gastronomy in Asia by UNESCO, and the local delicacies are rooted in close-to-life market.
Try some local snacks, such as pickled dishes, century eggs, Chinese rice wine, and so on.
Intergrating yourself with the locals: how to bargain like a local and how to wrap Chengdu dumplings - learn this from the shopkeepers who can easily make 100 perfect dumplings in minutes.
It is very hard to travel like an insider when you are surrounded by thousands of tourists in incredibly crowded tourist areas. Instead, a visit to a local chef’s home will be one of the best ways to get a taste of local life.
Our Service Includes:
- One-to-one consultancy with our travel expert
- Versatile and knowledgeable local guides
- Your own chauffeur and comfortable vehicle
- Hand-picked hotels to suit your preferences
- Hotel buffet breakfasts and local restaurant lunches
- Entry to all attractions on the itinerary
- The booking of internal transportation per your preferences
- A 24/7 helpline while you are traveling
The weather of Chengdu is mild and humid, and it's suitable for travel all year round.
March to June is pleasant to visit with refreshing spring colors.
September to November is the coolest time to enjoy an autumn tour.
March to May is the "falling in love period" for pandas. If you visit Chengdu between late August and December, you will have a greater chance of seeing tiny newborns and cuddle babies in the Panda Breeding and Research Center.
Please avoid peak times for Chinese tour groups. Most schools start their vacation period in the middle of July.