Cute pandas and certain historic sites are unique resources in China. This tour features Chengdu, the homeland of giant pandas, but also includes the famous Golden Triangle — Beijing, Shanghai, and Xi'an. The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, the Terracotta Warriors, the Bund and picturesque karst landscape in Guilin and Yangshuo are all yours to see.
- Explore a less-crowded part of the Great Wall
- See how the thousand-year-old Terracotta Warriors come alive
- Be a panda keeper for a day and feed a panda up close
- Enjoy a relaxing Li River cruise to Yangshuo
- Admire the charming mix of ancient and modern in Shanghai
- Entrance to scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Private local English-speaking tour guides and driver service (except for discretionary tips)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel accommodation with breakfast, free Wi-Fi and service fees
- Public shuttle buses in the mountains and a specified cable car
- Cruise to see the Leshan Giant Buddha
- Internal flights mentioned in the itinerary
1. Tailoring Your Tour
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, extend or shorten it to suit your budget, interests and schedule. Feel free to tell us your requirements, and we'll be happy to help you arrange accordingly.
2. Panda Keeper Program
As the first tour company in China to operate the program, China Highlights has developed a stable relationship with the Dujiangyan Panda Base. Sometimes the program is subject to change due to force majeure. Usually we are able to get the first-hand information necessary to arrange your tour. Your early booking (at least two weeks before departure) is useful in facilitating the availability of the program. Sometimes activities listed in the tour description will be adjusted according to the health of the pandas. Thanks for your understanding.
If your time is limited, and you can only join in with morning activities, the price will still be the same.
3. Children as Panda Keepers
Panda volunteers should be between 10 and 70 years of age. Though the pandas look harmless, they are actually carnivores. Parents must prevent their children from coming into direct contact with the pandas. The cost for children 10 years old and above is the same as the cost for adults.
If your children are between 2 and 9 years, you can still take them with you during the program. The children should not enter the room where the panda cage is, but they can stand at the gate of the room to watch you feeding a panda and cleaning the cage, which takes around 30 minutes. Your guide will help you take care of children.
If your children are under 2 years old and you yourself take care of them throughout the day, no additional fee is charged.