Take the world's highest railway to explore Tibet! Enjoy the spectacular scenery on the Tibet train, and your starting city could be Xining, Chengdu, Xian and even Beijing - flexible to meet your needs!
- Enjoy the plateau scenery along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway
- Breathtaking natural scenery along the way on the high plateau
- Magnificent Potala Palace, housing numerous treasures
- Monks' routine sutra debate at Sera Monastery
- Picnic by the holy Yamdrok Lake
Accommodation in Xining: Qinghai Holiday Dynasty Hotel
Feel relaxed from the beginning of the journey: your private tour guide, driver and car will meet you at the airport and transfer you directly to your hotel for check-in and rest.
Train tickets to Lhasa are always popular, particularly from June to October. We suggest you choose Xining as the starting city, as there are several trains to Lhasa every day, so there is a higher likelihood to get a ticket.
1. Tibet Travel Permit
You will need a Tibet Entry Permit. Its cost is included in the tour quotation. Send your passport and China visa copies to us 20 days in advance, and we will apply for your permit once you book a Tibetan tour with us.
In our experience, we can virtually guarantee to get your permit during times when Tibet is open to foreign travelers.
2. Altitude Sickness
Before your trip, ask your doctor for any suggestions in relation to altitude sickness and take some medicine with you, just in case. The most popular altitude medicine among foreigners is Acetazolamide/Diamox.
We recommend that during the first 2 days after arriving in Tibet, you should keep warm, avoid taking a bath, and refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol.
Drink plenty of water (more than 4 liters per day) before you go out and when you have reached a higher altitude, and eat lots of vegetables and carbohydrates. Slow down, even if you feel energetic. Moving slowly is the best way to avoid altitude sickness.
If you don't feel well after entering Tibet, go and see a doctor as soon as possible. There are doctors in major hotels in Lhasa, and you can call your tour guide for help at any time. We offer a free oxygen bag in the car.
Our English-speaking guides are natives of Tibet with good knowledge of Tibetan culture, history, and Buddhism. They are trained to offer a Western standard of service.
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, extending or shortening it to suit your price, interests, and schedule.
|Dec.1 - Mar.31||Price|
|Apr.1 - Nov.31||
- Tibet Entry Permit and other necessary documents
- Accommodation with breakfast and Wi-Fi
- Private guide service provided by an experienced local English-speaking tour guide
- Private transfers between the airport, hotels, and attractions
- Entrance to attractions listed in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary