Guilin, Longsheng & Yangshuo Relaxation Tour
Discover the old town of Daxu and visit the highlights of Guilin city. Explore the fantastic Longji rice terraces, and experience the lifestyle of mountain minorities. Take a Li River cruise, and see the idyllic countryside around Yangshuo.
- Visit the spectacular rice terraces
- Explore unique local minority culture
- Take a Li River cruise with fantastic views on the best riverboat
- Bike or walk through idyllic countryside and relax while rafting on the Yulong River
- Take a local cookery lesson and learn how to make authentic Chinese food.
Upon arrival your local tour guide will meet you at the arrival hall of the airport with a name plate. If you arrive by train, your local tour guide will meet you with a name plate at the exit of the train station.
After your guide meets you, he/she will escort you by private vehicle to your hotel. Have a good rest and be ready for the next day's adventure!
The night scenery in Guilin is beautiful and it makes a great way to unwind after a flight. The 'Two Rivers and Four Lakes' in the downtown area offer pleasant lakeside walks and night cruises.
1. The Longji Rice Terraces in Different Seasons
The appearance of the terraces changes with the season – they're filled with pure clear water from the mountains in spring, green during the growing season in summer, golden when the rice is ready to be harvested in autumn, and wonderfully white when it snows in winter.
2. About the Rural Market Near Daxu
There is a rural market every two days near Daxu ancient town. If you are interested in visiting the market and seeing how local farmers do their purchases, ask your guide to arrange for a stop at the market on the way to Daxu.
Your guide will be happy to go the extra mile and help you, if your travel dates happen to coincide with rural market dates.
3. Accommodation in the Mountain Villages of Longji Rice Terraces and in Yangshuo
The standards of star-rated hotels in the mountain villages of Longji rice terraces and in Yangshuo might not be up to the standards of equivalently-rated hotels in cities such as Guilin, Beijing and Shanghai.
The hotels we use on the tour are carefully selected, based on criteria like hotel environment, location, service, and previous customer-feedback.
If you would prefer other hotels or wish to book hotels yourself, please feel free to let us know.
4. How the Weather Affects the Scenery and What to Bring
It is rainy and wet during Guilin's rainy season, from April to July. But the mists during this period make Guilin mysterious. It might rain or be misty (obscuring some of the view), but even then the scenery is beautiful.
If you are traveling between April and July, a pair of comfortable waterproof walking shoes is a must.
Price Per Person in US Dollars
|Dec.1 - Mar.31||5-star||4-star|
|Apr.1 - Nov.31|
The above prices are not applicable to the Chinese National Day Holiday and Chinese Spring Festival.
- Li River boat cruise with Chinese buffet lunch on board
- Accommodation with breakfast, free Wi-Fi and service fee
- Private transfers between the airport, attractions, and hotels
- Private local English-speaking tour guide and driver service
- Entrance to attractions listed in the itinerary
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary