Lhasa Classics and Lake Yamdrok Tour
Utilize 5 days to experience the most essential Tibetan culture and explore the plateau scenery. You will visit the highlights of Lhasa's attractions and have a lakeside picnic near the Tibetan holy lake — Lake Yamdrok.
- Count the steps up to the Potala Palace — the holy palace of Tibetan Buddhism
- Follow in the footsteps of pilgrims at the Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Street
- Watch monks debate at Sera Monastery
- Enjoy a picnic at Lake Yamdrok
- Stay in a heritage hotel in Lhasa's old town
Accommodation in Lhasa: House of Shambhala (4-star) / InterContinental Lhasa Paradise (5-star)
Your private driver and guide will be ready for you when you arrive in Lhasa. Sit back in a comfortable vehicle, leave the hassles to your guide, and enjoy a trouble-free transfer to your hotel.
It's better to arrive in Lhasa in the morning. Then you will have more time to acclimatize to the altitude and preempt altitude sickness.
If you prefer to stay in a hotel with special oxygen supplies, Shangri-La Hotel Lhasa (with a luxury oxygen spa) or InterContinental Lhasa Paradise (with oxygen supplied directly to the rooms each day from 10pm–6am) is recommended.
1. Tibet Travel Permit
You will need a Tibet Entry Permit. Its cost is included in the tour quotation. Send your passport and China visa copies to us 20 days in advance, and we will apply for your permit once you book a Tibetan tour with us.
In our experience, we can virtually guarantee to get your permit during times when Tibet is open to foreign travelers.
2. Altitude Sickness
Before your trip, ask your doctor for any suggestions in relation to altitude sickness and take some medicine with you, just in case. The most popular altitude medicine among foreigners is Acetazolamide/Diamox.
We recommend that during the first 2 days after arriving in Tibet, you should keep warm, avoid taking a bath, and refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol.
Drink plenty of water (more than 4 liters per day) before you go out and when you have reached a higher altitude, and eat lots of vegetables and carbohydrates. Slow down, even if you feel energetic. Moving slowly is the best way to avoid altitude sickness.
If you don't feel well after entering Tibet, go and see a doctor as soon as possible. There are doctors in major hotels in Lhasa, and you can call your tour guide for help at any time. We offer a free oxygen bag in the car.
Our English-speaking guides are natives of Tibet with good knowledge of Tibetan culture, history, and Buddhism. They are trained to offer a Western standard of service.
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, extending or shortening it to suit your price, interests, and schedule.
|Nov.1 - Mar. 31||5-star||4-star|
|Apr.1 - Oct.31||5-star||4-star|
Our service includes
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide (per city)
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling