2-Day Charming Shanghai and Watertown Tour
Just like New York and Boston, Shanghai is a developed metropolis with much to explore. The best way to discover Shanghai is to visit its most popular and representative attractions.
Grasp the opportunity to enjoy a peaceful water town before your departure.
This tour is designed to take advantage of the 144-hour visa-free transit policy.
- Travel through time as you discover ancient Shanghai, its colonial past, the Mao era, and modern times
- Go up the highest building in Shanghai — the Shanghai Tower — and have a bird’s-eye view of the city
- Stroll along the Bund and appreciate the classic and modern buildings on both sides
- Taste traditional Chinese food in a century-old restaurant, and sip a jumbo xiaolongbao (steamed soup bun) with a straw
- Peep at China’s political history through a private collection of posters
- Visit the lovely Zhujiajiao Water Town and relax on a rowing boat
Suggested Hotel: SSAW Hotel Shanghai (4-star) / Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai, Bund view (5-star)
- The Bund International Architecture Exhibition is the highlight of the Bund. On the west side are the classical architectural structures, including Baroque, Gothic, and Romanesque. On the east side are the modern buildings and the Huangpu River.
- It is the tallest building in Shanghai, and it has become the city's new landmark.
- Standing in the Shanghai Tower you will find the adjacent Oriental Pearl TV Tower is under your feet.
Shanghai Propaganda Poster Art Centre
- Hidden in a residential area, this private collection is a true hidden gem that offers a peep at China’s political history through posters.
- You will find that the posters capture the Chinese people’s most fantastic experiences during the Mao era.
Your private guide will be waiting for you at the airport arrival hall or in your hotel lobby. A comfortable vehicle (non-smoking) with an experienced driver will be ready for you to explore Shanghai.
The day starts from the highest landmark of Shanghai — the Shanghai Tower. Take the fastest elevator in the world, and have a bird's-eye view of the entire city of Shanghai.
Then explore the ancient part of Shanghai — Yu Garden. It is representative of Shanghai’s old town. Try to find the five dragons.
Xiaolongbao (steamed buns) are one of Shanghai’s famous dishes and you will have lunch in a steamed bun restaurant that has over 100 years’ history. Enjoy giant or tiny buns; it's up to you!
The Propaganda Poster Art Centre recently became one of the top 15 things to do in Shanghai on TripAdvisor.
Immerse yourself in the posters, and your personal guide will help to satisfy your curiosity about communism.
The last part of the day will be on the Bund. Walk slowly to observe the sharp contrast between the old and new buildings on both sides.
Take a photo with a skyscraper as the background to prove you’ve really been to Shanghai.
Nighttime on the Bund is beautiful, and the best way to enjoy the night lights is by taking a cruise on the Huangpu River.
Our service includes
- Our 1-to-1 expert China consultancy with unlimited itinerary changes
- Booking of China internal flights, trains, and cruises, per your preferences
- Your own China-Highlights-trained, versatile and knowledgeable tour guide
- Your own chauffeured and comfortable vehicle, chosen for ample space
- Hand-picking of hotels for your requirements
- Hotel breakfasts arranged, and local restaurant lunches ordered, to suit you
- Entry to all attractions on your itinerary, with queues avoided wherever possible
- Our 24-7 helpline for while you are travelling
Customizing the Tour — According to Your Needs
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, and extend or shorten it to suit your schedule.
For example, you can extend it by 1 day to visit Suzhou or 2 days to add a tea culture experience in Hangzhou.
144-Hour Visa-Free Transit Policy
A short stay (up to 6 days) in Shanghai and the surrounding cities is more convenient now as there is no need for a visa.
It's permissible to stay within the administrative areas of Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province, and Zhejiang Province for up to 144 hours. Contact us to know more.