How to Travel from Hong Kong to Pearl River Delta Without a Visa
All visitors to Hong Kong and/or Macau are able to visit the surrounding Pearl River Delta visa-free as long as they go with a registered tour group such as ours and meet certain conditions. The group size ranges from 3 to 40 people including you and the guide.
The stays in the Pearl River Delta area can last 6 days or 144 hours for most countries, but for several countries, 21-day tours are possible.
- The visitor is a national of a country which has diplomatic relations with the People's Republic of China. This means almost all countries.
- The visitor is visiting the Pearl River Delta as part of a tour group organized by a Hong Kong or Macao based travel agency.
- The stay is six days or less for almost all countries except Germany, Republic of Korea and Russia that get 21 days.
- Applicants must hold a single citizenship passport; dual citizenship passport holders are not allowed.
- Applicants must enter and leave Guangdong together via one of the valid ports of entry or exit in Guangdong Province.
- Applicants should enter and leave via the same port (unless absolutely necessary) to avoid complicating procedures.
- Applicants must each provide a scan of their passport photo page.
- The visitor stays within the cities of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing, Huizhou and Shantou*. (Shantou in tour groups, provided they enter and leave via Shantou.)
Choosing an Entry/Exit Port
Choosing the right port of entry and exit is very important to ensure a smooth trip. The following are several recommended ports of entry or exit for Shenzhen, Guangzhou, and Zhuhai from Hong Kong or Macau, via which we have successfully arranged trips for our customers.
- Visit Shenzhen from Hong Kong using Lo Wu Control Point or from Macau using Shekou Port
- Visit Guangzhou from Hong Kong using Guangzhou East Station (广州东站) and Guangzhou Lotus Hill Port (广州莲花山码头)
- Visit Guangzhou from Macau using Gongbei Port
- Visit Zhuhai from Macau using Gongbei Port or Hengqin Port.
At the ports of entry and exit in Guangdong Province, immigration officers will examine passports and the list of names in the group. Group members will not need to fill in any immigration cards for passport stamping. See Clearance Guide to Nine Shenzhen Ports.
The above policy is applicable to ordinary passport holders of nations with diplomatic relations with China. You may contact your hotel concierge or tour operators in Hong Kong to find out about the application procedure and related service charges.
Choosing a Tour Operator
You could simply contact us for Pearl River Delta travel from Hong Kong or Macau with our flexible tailor-made tour service.
Or you could join a tour group with a local agent directly. The following are some major tour operators organizing group tours using 144-hour Convenience Visa (for reference only: accurate when first published, we can't vouch for their current service quality or even existence).
Able & Promotion Tours Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2544 5656
China Travel Service (HK) Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2853 3531
Gray Line Tours of Hong Kong Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2368 7111
Splendid Tours & Travel Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2316 2151
Tiptop Tours & Travel Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2366 7070
Vigor Tours Ltd.
Tel: (852) 2739 3828