Since there is no airport in Zhenjiang, visitors have to transfer from nearby airports, such as Nanjing Lukou International Airport and Changzhou Benniu Airport. There is a shuttle bus to Nanjing Lukou International Airport, which leaves twice a day.
- Departure time: 9:00 and 14:30.
- Depature location: Zhenjiang Tiegongshui Joint Ticket Office. The shuttle bus will return at 13: 00, 14:30 and 18:30. Fare: 55 yuan.
Another bus departs from Yangzhou at 13:00, passes Zhenjiang at 14:15, Danyang at 15:40 and then heads straight to Changzhou Airport.
Taking a taxi from the airport to Zhenjiang takes about 100 yuan.
Zhenjiang boasts the advantage of excellent railway transportation. Nearly every train running along the Shanghai-Nanjing rail line stops at the Zhenjiang Railway Station. There are also trains from Zhenjiang to Shanghai, Tianjin, and Wenzhou.
Inquiry Tel: 0511-85351222
- Shanghai-Zhenjiang: The whole trip takes about 1.5 hours by CHR and 2-5 hours by other express and local trains.
- Yangzhou-Zhenjiang: Generally the train will depart in the morning, needing 2 hours for the whole trip.
- Suzhou-Zhenjiang: The trip takes 1 hour and 5 minutes by CHR , 1 hour and 10 minutes By CHR and about 1.5 hours-2.5 hours by special express; other trains are slower and have to stop at Wuxi and Changzhou station.
- Nanjing-Zhenjiang: The trip takes a half hour by CHR; it takes about 1 hour by the other trains.
Buses to the Railway Station
Most buses arrive at the train station and reach some of the major attractions. Among them, No. 5 bus connects the railway station and bus station; No. 3 bus goes to Gold Hill; No. 3 bus goes to Baotashan Park; No. 4 bus goes to Jiao Hill.
There are three long-distance bus stations with regular service, namely South Gate Bus Station, Zhongshan West Road Bus Station and Canal Road Bus Station.
Zhenjiang Passenger Transportation Center: the most important bus station in Zhenjiang
Address: 67 Zhongshan West Road.
There is one bus every hour going to Shanghai; first departure time: 7:30 and last departure time: 17:00; about 2 hours for the whole trip.
Buses to Suzhou, Wuxi, Changzhou depart every other hour; buses to Nanjing depart every 20 minutes. The last departs at 18:25. The whole trip takes 1-1.5 hours.
Jurong Special Line departs every 20 minutes, with the first departure time at 6:30 and the last departure time at 18:10. In addition, there are expresses to Hangzhou and Ningbo every day.