- An ancient town with a history of over 2,000 years
- A water town surrounded by rivers and lakes
- A town with 36 bridges built during different dynasties
Jinxi Ancient Town is a small town (only one square kilometer in area) that has 16 lakes and 238 rivers. The town also has 36 ancient bridges spanning the rivers. The bridges represent various styles and were built during different periods in history.
The town has many museums, such as the first museum of antique tiles and bricks in China, the "red porcelain products museum" and the "root caving museum of China."
Compared with other ancient towns in China, Jinxi Ancient Town is simpler, less sophisticated, and quiet.
Jinxi Ancient Town has a history of over 2,000 years. It was built during the West Han Dynasty.
Jinxi Ancient Town is located southwest of Kunshan city in Jiangsu Province, only 8 km from the famous water town of Zhouzhuang. It takes about 40 minutes to go from Shanghai to Jinxi (about 70 km) by private vehicle. Two public buses leave from Shanghai Bus Station to Jinxi every day (one at 8:30 am and another at 9:30 am). The bus leaves from No.80 Gongxing Road.
Jinxi Ancient Town is only 8 km from Zhouzhuang water town, and is a 15-minute trip. The two towns can be arranged in a single day trip. Please feel free to contact us to arrange a one-day private tour.
- Jinxi Ancient Town also has modern buildings and commercial activities.
- There are guesthouses in Jinxi, but the facilities are not as good as hotels in the cities.