Dali Railway Station is the main train station in the city of Dali, as well as an important tourist transport hub in Yunnan Province. It is about 2 kilometers (1.2 miles) from Erhai Lake, 13 kilometers (8 miles) from Dali Airport and 19 kilometers (12 miles) from Dali Ancient City.
Dali Railway Station Basics
- Chinese: 大理站
- Name on train tickets: 大理 Dali
- Address: 261 Weishan Road, Xiaguan Town, Dali, Yunnan Province
- Address in Chinese: 大理市下关镇巍山路261号
- 1F: ticket office, platforms, left luggage office
- 2F: waiting rooms, restrooms
- 3F: waiting rooms, restrooms
Lines from Beijing North Railway Station to Other Cities
As the starting point of the Dali–Lijiang Railway line and the ending point of the Kunming–Dali Railway line, Dali Railway Station is also a major station along the Yunnan–Tibet Railway line.
Most trains depart from Kunming Railway Station leaving for Kunming and Lijiang, and there are tourist trains traveling between Dali and Kunming with hard-sleeper carriages. Below is a list of major train lines operating from Dali Railway Station to Kunming Railway Station and Lijiang Railway Station.
Dali – Lijiang Railway
- Hours/price to Lijiang Railway Station: 丽江站 K-class about 2 hours, 7 dollars USD for a soft seat ticket
- Length: 157 km (97 mi)
- Design speed: 100 kph (60 mph)
- Main stops: Dali, Heqing, Lijiang
Kunming – Dali High-Speed Railway
- Hours/price to Kunming Railway Station: 昆明站 D-class about 2 hours, 21 dollars USD for a second class ticket
- Length: 341 km (212 mi)
- Design speed: 250 kph (155 mph)
- Main stops: Dali, Chuxiong, Kunming
How to Travel From Dali Railway Station to Dali Airport
Dali Airport (on the border of Fengyi County and Haidong County, east of Erhai) is about 13.5 kilometers (8.4 miles) from Dali Railway Station, and it costs about 60 RMB by taxi.
To save money you can also take bus No. 5 to Feilai Temple from Dali Railway Station, and then take bus 7 to Huaying Public Bus Station (3 kilometers from Dali Airport), before taking a taxi to Dali Airport.
How to Travel From Dali Railway Station to Dali Ancient City
Dali Ancient City is the major scenic spots in Dali, and one of the most famous tourist attractions in Yunnan Province. It is 17 kilometers (11 miles) from Dali Railway Station to Dali Ancient City. Luckily, it is convenient to take city bus go between these two places.
After going outside Dali Railway Station, take bus No. 8 directly from the station to Dali Ancient. It takes around 50 minutes. Bus ticket fare is CNY 2 per person.
Or you can take Santa Special Line to Honglongjing, and then walk 800 meters northeastward to get to Dali Ancient City.
How to Travel From Dali Railway Station to Erhai Park
There is a city sightseeing line that take you from the station to Erhai Park directly. It takes about 40 minutes.
Or take bus No. 1 from Dali Railway Station to Fuhai Community, then walk about 900 meters to Erhai Park.