Beijing Train Station is Beijing's oldest (opened in 1959) and most centrally located train station. It is Beijing's main regular train station for regular lines going all over the country and internationally, International trains from Beijing to Moscow, Ulaanbaatar and Vietnam also depart from this station.
Apart from regular rail lines, Beijing Railway Station also serves intercity bullet trains to Tianjin, as well as overnight high-speed trains to Shanghai, Nanjing and Hangzhou, etc.
- Chinese: 北京站 Běijīng Zhàn /bay-jing jan/
- Name on train tickets: 北京
- Address: 13 Hutongjia, Maojiawan, Dongcheng District 东城区毛家湾胡同甲13号
- Location: 28 km (17 mi) from Capital International Airport, 4 km from the Forbidden City (see our Beijing Railway Station Map)
- Station size: 14 platforms (2 for bullet trains)
Popular Train Routes
The low-price sleeper cars are popular with sightseers going to tourist cities such as Shanghai and Harbin:
- Shanghai 上海, T class, 15 hours, 51 USD (hard bed)
- Harbin 哈尔滨, Z class, 10 to 11 hours, 44 USD (hard bed)
- Ulaanbaatar - K23 every Monday
- Ulaanbaatar and Moscow - K3 every Wednesday
- Moscow - K19 every Saturday
- Pyongyang - K27 departing Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
Beijing Station serves the HSR (High-Speed Railway) to Northeast China: to Harbin, Shenyang, Dalian, Jilin, etc. Overnight bullet trains to Shanghai, Nanjing and Hangzhou also depart from this train station.
- Shanghai 上海, D class, about 12 hours, 107 USD (second class)
- Hangzhou 杭州, D class, about 13 hours, 110 USD (second class)
- Harbin 哈尔滨, D class, about 8 hours, 47 USD (second class)
- Dalian 大连, D class, about 6 hours, 40 USD (second class)
Train Schedules from Beijing Train Station
|To||Popular Train(s)||Travel Time||Distance (KM)||Prospect Price|
|Shanghai Railway Station||*D705 (21:21-09:20+1)
|15h10m||1208 km||Superior: $141
Soft Sleeper: $77
Hard Sleeper: $49
|Shenyang Railway Station||D15 (07:31-12:37)||5h06m||680 km||1st Class: $36
2nd Class: $30
|Shenyang North Railway Station||D17 (09:15-14:14)||4h59m||691 km||1st Class: $36
2nd Class: $30
|Harbin Railway Station||D25 (09:58-18:37)
|1241 km||1st Class: $63
2nd Class: $46
Soft Sleeper: $66
|Harbin West Railway Station||D101 (13:49-21:39)||7h50m||1228 km||1st Class: $62
2nd Class: $45
|Hangzhou Railway Station||*Z9 (19:08-09:29+1)||14h21m||1289 km||Soft Sleeper: $83
Hard Sleeper: $53
|Pingyao Railway Station||*K609 (23:53-09:30+1)||9h37m||585 km||Soft Sleeper: $44
Hard Sleeper: $29
|Zhangjiajie Railway Station||*K967 (08:37-11:20+1)
|585 km||Soft Sleeper: $106
Hard Sleeper: $67
|Guilin North Railway Station||G529 (08:34-17:01)
|585 km||1st Class: $109
2nd Class: $118
Soft Sleeper: $44
Hard Sleeper: $29
Using the Station
Covering an area of 25 hectares (50 football fields), Beijing Railway Station faces a 6,500-sq.-m. (1 football field in area) square to the north. Six VIP halls, one cushioned seat waiting hall, four ordinary waiting halls, and four key passenger waiting halls are available.
- The second floor holds waiting halls, supermarkets, department stores, and Western and Chinese restaurants:
- The first floor has platforms and access for passenger arrivals and departures. There are self-service ticket machines, a ticket office, a public address system, and automatic ticket checking machines:
- The underground area has Beijing Metro Line 2.
Ask the service desk staff in the middle of the second floor if you need help getting your luggage on board or for other help. The official porters wear a red cap (10 RMB for a small bag and 20 for a large bag).
For more general guidance on station use...
Transportation - to/from Beijing Station
Because there are five train stations in Beijing, travelers sometimes go to the wrong station, so be clear about your station when making your way there.
Waiting areas: It is best to use the taxis at the taxi waiting areas for safety and security, since guards are watching. There are two waiting areas. The bigger one is in the northeast corner of the plaza with the greater number of taxis, and a smaller one is across the street.
For specifics on fares etc., see Beijing Taxis.
For Beijing South Station (北京南站):
- Take Line 2 to Xuanwumen Station (宣武门, 4 stops), then Line 4 to Beijing South (3 stops). About 25 minutes.
For Beijing West Station (北京西站):
- Take Line 2 to Xuanwumen Station (宣武门, 4 stops), then Line 4 to Caishikou Station (菜市口站, 2 stops), then Line 7 to Beijing West (4 stops).
Beijing Capital International Airport (北京首都机场) can be reached by metro in less than an hour:
- Line 2 to Dongzhimen (东直门), then the Airport Express Line to terminal 2 or 3
The Forbidden City is only 4 kilometers (2½ miles) away, Tian'anmen Square only about half that:
- Take Line 2 west to Qianmen (前门, 2 stops) and walk north across Tian'anmen Square to the Forbidden City (700m).
- Walk around the Forbidden City for the West Entrance (1 km) to go in.
For the Badaling Great Wall:
Our Badaling and Ming Tombs day tour provides private transport, a much more convenient alternative to 3 hours or more negotiating public transport, e.g.:
- Line 2 to Xuanwumen (宣武门, 4 stops), Line 4 to Xizhimen (西直门, 9 stops), and Yanqing S2 Suburban Railway Line to Badaling.
Booking By Yourself
When you buy a ticket, check the station name carefully. You could book tickets in the station and at other train stations or at many ticket windows in the city, or online... See How to Buy Tickets in China>>
Booking With Us
We can assist you with booking tickets.
- Over 10,000 satisfied customers each year
- 24/7 service
- 3 easy steps: search trains, book tickets, pay
- Tickets delivered by express mail to your appointed address