Jinan West Railway Station (Jinan Xi Zhan 济南西站) is a high-speed railway station on Jingzhuang Road in the Huaiyin District of Jinan, Shandong. The station has 15 platforms and 17 lines.
Jinan West is a passenger station along the following major rail routes: Beijing - Shanghai HSR, Qingdao - Jinan Passenger Railway, and soon Qingdao - Taiyuan Passenger Railway (under construction). From Jinan West, you can ride a train to Beijing South, Zhengzhou, Qingdao, Hangzhou East, Shanghai Hongqiao, Ningbo East, and Shengzheng. New service to Ningbo, Fuzhou, Wuhan, and Changsha was added in 2013.
Jinan West station has six floors. The lowest level, basement 1, houses transfer and equipment rooms. The other levels are as follows:
- Basement 2: Metro Line 1
- Basement 3: Metro Line 6
- Ground floor: Ticket booths and the Exit Hall
- Second floor: Entrance Hall to board trains
- Third floor: Waiting Hall and some commercial service facilities
The station has 10 exits, including Exits A1 through A5 and Exits B1 through B5. Taxi stands can be found outside the exits on either side of the station.
Tips: When it is time to board your train, you’ll need to check your ticket at the ticket wickets on either side of the Waiting Hall, and then proceed to second floor to board the train.
How to get to Jinan West Railway Station
The station is 8.5 km from Quancheng Square, Jinan’s downtown area.
- By taxi: A taxi from Quancheng Square to Jinan West station takes 30 minutes and costs 40 yuan.
- By bus: Three bus lines go to Jinan West. Take the K157 from East BaliWa Station to Jinan West (service from 06:00 a.m. - 21:00 p.m.), the K167 from Wuying Mountain Middle Road to Jinan West (06:55 a.m. - 20:25 p.m.) or the K58 from Zoo to Jinan West (06:00 a.m. - 20:00 p.m.).
From Jinan West to Jinan Railway Station and Jinan East
There are three primary train stations in Jinan: Jinan Railway Station, Jinan East Railway Station, and Jinan West Railway Station.
Jinan Railway Station , the main station, is located at 19 Chezhan Street in Tianqiao District, Jinan.
- By bus: Take the K156 (service from 06:30 a.m. - 23:30 p.m.) from Jinan West to the main Jinan Railway Station. It takes about 50 minutes and costs 2 yuan.
- By taxi: It takes 30 minutes by taxi from Jinan West to the main Jinan station, for a cost of about 30 yuan.
- By train: The D and G trains connect Jinan West and the main Jinan station, with service available from 08:15 a.m. to 19:10 p.m. It takes about 16 minutes to get there.
Jinan East Railway Station is located on Minghu North Road, Jinan City. It is 18 km from Jinan West Railway Station.
- By taxi: A taxi ride between Jinan West and Jinan East stations takes about 40 minutes and costs about 50 yuan.
How to get to Jinan Yaoqiang Airport from Jinan West
Jinan Yaoqiang Airport is located at 1 Airport Road, Yaoqiang Town, Biancheng District, Jinan, Shandong. The airport is 54 km from Jinan West Railway Station.
- Shuttle service: The Airport Shuttle Bus Line 1 operates between Jinan West Railway Station and the airport between 09:00 a.m. and 20:00 p.m. It runs every hour on the hour and costs 20 yuan for a one-way trip. Line 2 offers shuttle service every hour on the half hour between Jinan West and the airport between 09:30 a.m. and 20:30 p.m. It takes about 1.3 hours and costs 25 yuan one-way.
- By taxi: It takes about 50 minutes and costs 120 yuan.
How to get to Baotu Spring Park
Baotu Spring Park is located at 1 Baotu Spring Park South Road in Lixia District, Jinan, Shandong. It is 15 km from Jinan West Railway Station.
- By bus: You can take K109 from Jinan West to Baotu Spring Park. It takes about 1.3 hours and costs 2 yuan.
- By taxi: It is a 15-minute ride and costs 30 yuan.
How to get to Baotu Daming Lake
Daming Lake is located at 271 Daming Lake Road in Lixia District, Jinan, Shandong. It is 17 km from Jinan West Railway Station.
- By bus: Take the K109 to Baotu Daming Lake from Jinan West. It takes about 1.3 hours and costs 2 yuan.
- By taxi: It takes about 20 minutes and costs 40 yuan.